• AVR Freaks

Hot!Not able to view my code in MPLAB X IDE..!

Author
Mr.MD
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
2019/04/12 03:50:18 (permalink)

Not able to view my code in MPLAB X IDE..!

I am trying to open my project (.C file) in MPLAB X ide (v5.15), but i cannot see my code, instead it opens up a rather weird window. It shows some history tab (of which i have no idea). I have attached a Screenshot. Could someone help me figure this out? How do i view my actual code in the editor?
PS: I took a backup of entire Hard disk of my old pc to new one and now I am trying to open those old .X projects in IDE installed on new PC.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

5 Replies Related Threads

hkv
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: Not able to view my code in MPLAB X IDE..! 2019/05/02 15:18:37 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Regarding the messages in configuration loading error seems like the older project might have been using a different compiler but on the new system the compiler is XC8 2.05. 
    With respect to .c file not opening, are you still facing this issue?
    PStechPaul
    • Total Posts : 2342
    Re: Not able to view my code in MPLAB X IDE..! 2019/05/02 17:27:35 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Path may have changed for new computer. Right-click on file name in Project window and it may show "file not found". You might need to choose "add file" and browse for it, and remove the one that has a problem.

Mr.MD
    Re: Not able to view my code in MPLAB X IDE..! 2019/05/08 03:16:57 (permalink)
    I guess I figured out what the actual issue is. The IDE requires admin permissions. I run the IDE as an admin and voila! I can view the code now. But thing is how do I run the IDE as a normal user without admin rights as my organization has limited admin access and has blocked some of the features on my windows PC. The IDE demands(okay, it requires) admin login for me to view those source files. Any insight to get around this permission thingy?
    rodims
    • Total Posts : 1507
    Re: Not able to view my code in MPLAB X IDE..! 2019/05/08 04:23:47 (permalink)
    The IDE per se does not require admin permissions.
    You probably did not have to do that on your previous company PC, right ?

I took a backup of entire Hard disk of my old pc to new one and now I am trying to open those old .X projects in IDE installed on new PC.

This does not tell how you really "copied" all the data. (assuming Windows)
    My first guess would be that you copied all the file attributes including ACLs, permissions etc, for your "old user".
    You could fix that on the new location, but a) this requires good knowledge, and b) if you don't have the rights (company admins) to do so, you can't

To work that out get one full project from your old PC, copy it to a thumbdrive (USB stick) which is not formatted as NTFS, but e.g. FAT32.  Then copy it to your new PC.  This should implicitly remove the ACL stuff and you can try whether you can open this project as normal user.

Mr.MD
    Re: Not able to view my code in MPLAB X IDE..! 2019/05/08 04:46:03 (permalink)
    rodims
    The IDE per se does not require admin permissions.
    You probably did not have to do that on your previous company PC, right ?

This does not tell how you really "copied" all the data. (assuming Windows)
    My first guess would be that you copied all the file attributes including ACLs, permissions etc, for your "old user".
    You could fix that on the new location, but a) this requires good knowledge, and b) if you don't have the rights (company admins) to do so, you can't

To work that out get one full project from your old PC, copy it to a thumbdrive (USB stick) which is not formatted as NTFS, but e.g. FAT32.  Then copy it to your new PC.  This should implicitly remove the ACL stuff and you can try whether you can open this project as normal user.

Actually my old system had relaxed regulations. Now that they have changed the IT systems, we have a whole lot of restrictions on usage. But other software seem to work just fine except for MPLABX.
    About the USB thing, I'll try and update.

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5