usart problem

Author
rogerpic
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 71
  • Reward points : 0
2019/04/08 05:03:00 (permalink)

usart problem

What my problem is that my connection from the controller a 18f45k22 is connected to max232. What i want to establish is to send an read characters. I see on my screen computer a result of the communication via a  terminal simulator. Okay i load the software by a loader pic kit 3 and that load. But then in my routine if i push a number 1 on my laptop than must i see on the terminal this number. And also then my controller should send a signal out the controller what i program. But nothing seems work. The connection from my terminal if a load it must send character F and  not mistaken characters. Is it the oscillator what was wrong. I know that it worked in the past. What i did was i used the internal oscillator  and that worked. Than i solder a crystal on my print for use a external oscillator and then with the settings changed it went wrong and never saw the correct characters on the screen. is there who can help me further?

2 Replies Related Threads

qhb
    Superb Member
    • Total Posts : 9985
    Re: usart problem 2019/04/08 05:22:38 (permalink)
    +2 (2)
    It would be much easier to help if you showed us the code you used to test this, INCLUDING the config settings.

You asked a very similar question back in January ( https://www.microchip.com/forums/FindPost/1083581 ) and got a response, but never replied if that helped you.

pcbbc
    • Total Posts : 926
    Re: usart problem 2019/04/08 06:04:09 (permalink)
    +2 (2)
    rogerpicIs it the oscillator that is wrong? I know that it worked in the past. What I did was I used the internal oscillator and that worked. Than I soldered a crystal on my PCB for use as an external oscillator and then with the settings changed it went wrong and never saw the correct characters on the screen. Is there anyone who can help me further?
    If that is all that you changed, then yes - probably the oscilator settings.

Have you tried going back to the internal oscilator?  Does that code still work correctly?
    Is the PIC working at all with the external oscilator?  Have you tried a flashy?

Post your working code before the chage, and non-working code after if you want more help.  We are not mind readers.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5