• AVR Freaks

Hot!MPLABX 5.15 Navigation, Autocomplete not working

Author
billreinhold
  • Total Posts : 189
  • Reward points : 0
2019/03/28 08:17:05 (permalink)

MPLABX 5.15 Navigation, Autocomplete not working

I've created a new standalone Harmony project, which compiles and runs, but I can't use Navigation (Goto Declaration, etc.) to navigate to another source file and code autocomplete does not work.  When I load up a Harmony demo app, everything works just fine so it seems to be a problem with my project, not MPLAB.  

What do those functions rely on?

I've tried adding pretty much every source folder I can think of to Project Properties, General, Source Folders and I've cleared the cache folder.

I'm using MacOS 10.14.3, XC32 v2.15 (also tried 2.10).  I also tried MPLABX 5.10 with the same results.

6 Replies Related Threads

billreinhold
    Re: MPLABX 5.15 Navigation, Autocomplete not working 2019/03/31 07:32:49 (permalink)
    I'm wondering if there's any way this problem could be related to using C++ with a PIC32MZ part?  I'm trying to reuse a C++ code base I've been using for a few years with a PIC32MX part and have had no issues it.  During the process of transitioning the Configurator-generated C code to C++ these features stop working.  I've tried it a half dozen times or so and it stops working at different points in the process each time.

I've found quite a few posts in various forums with people having similar problems with NetBeans in general and other than wiping out the user cache I haven't found any solutions.  I'm hoping for some help here to avoid having to abandon the MZ upgrade.
    MantasP
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: MPLABX 5.15 Navigation, Autocomplete not working 2019/04/09 04:57:15 (permalink)
    billreinhold
    Re: MPLABX 5.15 Navigation, Autocomplete not working 2019/04/09 16:02:50 (permalink)
    Yes similar, except my problem seems to be directly related to the transition of the Harmony project to a C++ project, and it does not go away with rebooting, deleting caches, or any other fix in that thread or others I've found.  
    billreinhold
    Re: MPLABX 5.15 Navigation, Autocomplete not working 2019/04/19 15:48:40 (permalink)
    It turns out this problem seems to be limited to the MacOS version of MPLABX.  I zipped up one of the many projects I created that had broken navigation and code completion on the Mac and opened it on a PC and everything worked, no problems.  I then went through the same process to create a new Harmony Configurator project on the PC.  Again, no problems.  I zipped that one up and tried to open it on the Mac and sure enough, no navigation or code completion.

To try to eliminate this being a problem with my installation, I uninstalled all MPLABX versions and deleted the cache and user directories and reinstalled.  Same problem.

It had nothing to do with the PIC32MZ.  I tried creating a PIC32MX version and had exactly the same problems.

Any other observations of problems with the MacOS version?  I've opened a support ticket.
    post edited by billreinhold - 2019/04/20 04:08:22
    qhb
    Superb Member
    • Total Posts : 9998
    Re: MPLABX 5.15 Navigation, Autocomplete not working 2019/04/19 22:45:35 (permalink)
    I may be right off the mark here, but is the MAC OS case-sensitive for filenames?
    Possibly some included files are not an exact match in the version #included, and the real filename.

Nearly there...
    billreinhold
    Re: MPLABX 5.15 Navigation, Autocomplete not working 2019/04/20 04:01:35 (permalink)
    qhb
    is the MAC OS case-sensitive for filenames?

Thanks but no, it's not case sensitive. 

If it were though, I don't think I'd see the behavior I'm seeing.  Everything works when I first generate the Configurator project.  Navigation and code completion stop working as I'm cleaning up the Harmony files so they'll compile with the C++ compiler.  Also, once that's done (and navigation and code completion no longer work) the project compiles, loads to the PIC, and runs.

I've also ruled out spaces and "odd characters" in the path, although I have seen that error a couple times when I load the project.  When I get the error it does not list any specific problem files, which is still a bit of a mystery to me, but I'm not able to reliably reproduce the problem and so it hasn't been possible to investigate it.
    post edited by billreinhold - 2019/04/20 04:12:42
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5