• AVR Freaks

Hot!OC module can not work with Dynamic timer and SDHC does not work with Static timer

Author
phuockal
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 36
  • Reward points : 0
2019/03/21 22:30:34 (permalink)

OC module can not work with Dynamic timer and SDHC does not work with Static timer

Hello experts,

I need to use both OC and SDHC for my project. However, I found that OC modules only work with Dynamic timer (timer 2), and SDHC module only work with system timer as Dynamic timer (i used timer 5). My system running on freeRTOS. Harmony ver 2.06. I have some questions:
1. I would like to use Static timer. What can I do to make SDHC work?
2. my system has freeRTOS available. May the system work without extra timer. I mean that whether the system work without timer 5

(i tried with timer 4 and timer 5 for system timer but none of them work)

Thanks in advance,

Attached Image(s)

2 Replies Related Threads

campbellCustom
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 69
    Re: OC module can not work with Dynamic timer and SDHC does not work with Static timer 2019/03/22 09:16:20 (permalink)
    The MHC will not allow you Static and Dynamic drivers to auto generate for the same type of peripheral. In the past I have needed to mix Dynamic and Static UARTs. I left my main project using the 'Dynamic Drivers' then started a dummy project to generate code for the 'Static Drivers' and copied the source from the dummy into an application file in my main project. It is not pretty. I also had to modify the system init functions, and the system task functions to use the static calls rather than the dynamic calls. (these are the two function calls in main.c)

I used the application files for this to avoid hacking on the framework, and possible damaging other projects.

phuockal
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 36
    Re: OC module can not work with Dynamic timer and SDHC does not work with Static timer 2019/03/23 05:18:50 (permalink)
    Thank you very much for your reply,

I tried to use dynamic timer for OC module but the timer can not start. The value return when start dynamic timer indicate that the timer is not programed. I wonder if it is a bug of MPLAB Harmony? From the forum, I found that many programmer report about this issue but I can not found any official reply from Microchip.

Are there any body tell me the reason why the OC only work with Static timer and Timer system service only work with Dynamic timer? or just show me the document mention about that. I appreciate your help,

Regards
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5