post edited by davisornaw - 2019/03/24 08:16:27

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

11 Replies Related Threads

qhb
    Superb Member
    • Total Posts : 9673
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/20 14:15:40 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    That looks like something developed with PIC BASIC PRO, not assembly.
    We're only guessing without seeing what is in the files.
    What exactly do you think you bought, and what did the seller say it was intended for?

katela
    • Total Posts : 1194
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/20 14:46:03 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    You might have reasons why you maybe can't post the code, but it will be difficult to get any help without posting the actual code.

Free online Microcontroller Tutorials and Projects for Hobbyists and students. From beginners to advanced. Website: www.studentcompanion.co.za
    YouTube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/StudentCompanionSA
    davisornaw
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/20 15:07:15 (permalink)
    Hi, Thanks for your reply, i have updated the post with the download link. Thanks!!!
    qhb
    Superb Member
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/20 15:32:21 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    As I suggested, the source is for PICBASIC PRO, and the assembly output is for their tools, there's no way it will work worth MPASM.
    You will need to buy a copy of PICBASIC PRO to be able to recompile that source.
    http://store.melabs.com/cat/pbp.html
    I have no idea if the free "student version" can work for this device.

qhb
    Superb Member
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/20 15:33:46 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    n.b. what this program is doing is extremely trivial.
    For a couple of beers, you could probably get someone to rewrite it in C that will work with the free XC8 compiler.

dan1138
    • Total Posts : 3043
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/20 19:07:22 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    You have fallen victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well known is this: "Never buy code from some French guy."

The code you have is odd and ugly. As you have not described what you want the PIC16F505 controller to do in any detail here on this forum and I guess you where just as informative on Fiverr. I'm not surprised you got no help. The freelancers on Fiverr expect and do get paid for the help they can provide.

From the amount of information you have posted thus far you have received about as much useful help as possible from this forum.

My observation is that you do not really know how to explain what you want or how to use the Microchip tools to build it for yourself.
    post edited by dan1138 - 2019/03/20 19:09:31
    davisornaw
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/20 20:31:41 (permalink)
    Hello. On fiverr I was very detailed on what I wanted done and the people were clueless on what I was asking of them to do. On this post I was simply asking why it wouldn't compile. qhb answered my question.
    But instead of wasting time asking a bunch of people to rewrite the code for me I think i will
    Be better off learning the language my self and re writing it in C to use the free compiler. It is very difficult to explain what I am wanting this chip to do, you are correct on that. I tried my best with the people on fiverr but I guess it wasn't enough lol.

The Chip does 3 Things. It Disables 1 Nand, and Enables the other Nand chip. (CE1 & CE2) You are able To switch between the 2 by using the toggle switch on the Xbox (sync button) It also Makes a led Light up to let you know which Nand it's on.
    When it switches between the 2 Nands, it's also sends a GND to the SMC for 0.5ms (SMC Reset) which you can see all of these Strings in the code.

Why was I asking people on Fiverr to help?:
    The issue I am mainly having with the code is this: (which is hard to explain)
    When you switch to the second Nand (the Light comes on)
    Turn the console on (Light goes off)
    Turn the console Off (Light is still off and it switches back to the 1st Nand instead of the light coming back on and staying on the second Nand)

When the console turns off it basically resets it self to the default which is Enabling CE1 (Nand 1) which you can see in the code. At the very bottom I think it's called Boluce2 or something which means Loop in French.

One of the dudes on Fiverr said that the chip is not remembering the last used value???

What I am wanting is when the console turns off, the light comes back on, and it stays on the same Nand that was originally selected. Instead of looping and resetting.

I hope that is clear enough. And I'm very sorry if I sound dumb. I am a Big Noob at this stuff but I want to learn coding and I Definitely want to figure this out. if you have any advice I would love to hear! :)

Thank you all so much!!!
    qhb
    Superb Member
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/20 20:50:49 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    So you want it to remember its state when power is removed?
    You are not going to be able to do that with this particular PIC.
    A PIC16F505 does not have any internal EEPROM, and is not capable of writing to its own FLASH memory.
    There are other cheap PICs which are pin compatible with the PIC16F505 which can do what you want, but you'd have to change the chip to use them.

davisornaw
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/20 21:17:48 (permalink)
    Hello again! When the console gets turned off, the 3v3 is still present. The power does not get removed. So a EEPROM would not be needed would it? Currently the code is working as its own toggle switch. But instead of staying on the same Nand when you turn the console off, it switches back to the first Nand chip and enables that one.
    3v3 is always present in this case.

I can make a video tomorrow if you'd like to see what I am talking about?
    davisornaw
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/22 07:27:34 (permalink)
    Would you be able to help?
    NorthGuy
    • Total Posts : 5311
    Re: Cannot Compile to get HEX File 2019/03/22 08:06:14 (permalink)
    davisornaw
    I bought this code from A french guy,

Reminds me of "Matrix". He must've written the code by himself :)

There are two choices:

1. Hire someone to write the code. Pay him only after the code does what you have specified.

2. Learn how to write code by yourself. Start from the beginning. Write a program which flashes LEDs, then continue using baby steps and learn simple operations you want to do. Once you're done with trying all the simple operations, take a sheet of paper and write down the algorithm (this is the most important step). Then simply code what you have written. It'll take a lot of time at first, but in the end you'll succeed.

If you want to have something persistent while power is still on, don't reset your PIC. If you want to do it while power is off, you're out of luck.

BTW: There are newer PICs with logic cells inside, so you may not need NAND chips.

[EDIT] Or do you mean NADND flash? Then you may not need a PIC at all - just use a jumper or a DIP switch. 
    post edited by NorthGuy - 2019/03/22 08:16:57
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5