• AVR Freaks

Hot!Harmony 3, how do i copy a project? (In this case, the examples)

Author
JPortici
  • Total Posts : 681
  • Reward points : 0
2019/03/17 12:51:25 (permalink)

Harmony 3, how do i copy a project? (In this case, the examples)

Hello gents,
I am experimenting with Harmony 3 (V3.2 at the moment), now that there is initial support for usb on PIC32MZ.
First, i've only been testing with HID device, i've diff'd some of the files and they seemed to match those in V2.06 (so i don't know if there are still the same issues others have encountered... But there are some of the examples)

I don't have the PIC32MZ EF Starter kit, but a PIC32_EMZ64 from Olimex so i had to change the examples to match my MCU/Hardware configuration. I didn't want to change the original project so i created a copy based on the tutorial on development wiki, but of course that was for Harmony 2.

Apparently This needs a different procedure because when i committed the change the files in both projects were changed.
And i think they were the same file, as in the editor the file name was blue instead of the usual black.
What's that?

Also, maybe there is the correct procedure written somewhere in the github repo but i haven't found it yet.

Anyway, the HID sample project is working, no dropouts in a couple of hours, the firmware and application haven't crashed... so far so good..

2 Replies Related Threads

LostInSpace
    • Total Posts : 245
    Re: Harmony 3, how do i copy a project? (In this case, the examples) 2019/03/21 20:05:44 (permalink)
    This is the simplest way that I have run across to clone, version or fork a project based on an existing one,

https://www.microchip.com/forums/m941554.aspx

I use my own project directories even based at "c:\microchip\Projects\" - it makes it way simpler for me to get code to other folks and to stay in sync with them. The above procedure even works in this case (i.e. completely moving directory trees too).

HTH
    Tim Cruise
    • Total Posts : 94
    Re: Harmony 3, how do i copy a project? (In this case, the examples) 2019/03/23 12:30:28 (permalink)
    Do NOT copy or alter anything outside the MPLAB environment.

Use the internal MPLAB commands Copy/Rename.

After you open your project as usual, click on your project name and then right-click it to pull down the command menu.  Then, you will see all allowed file commands.  wink: wink
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5