• AVR Freaks

Helpful ReplyHot!PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with FPU Starter Kit Failed To Program Device

Author
alimerido
ME & EEE
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
2019/01/09 06:31:55 (permalink)

PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with FPU Starter Kit Failed To Program Device

Hello,

I am using PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with FPU Starter Kit. Also I am using Mplab IDE v5.00 with Harmony Configurator.  I tried many example applications for about 4 mounts and everything was working perfectly till I tried harmony configurator's flash_modify example. After this example, mplab always started to give me error that sayas Failed to program device. I controlled the usb voltage, it seems correct. Then I tried to use Mplab IPE, I can read the hex file, when I verify with the flash_modify hex code in my computer, I am getting verification successful message. When I tried to erase, I am getting a message that says Erase successfull, but if I do blank check, I can see that device is not blank, also this situation is clear when I check the exported .hex file after read. I checked lots of similar situations in the forum but I can't find a solution.
PS: I do not have ICD or pickit modules.  
CB109
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with FPU Starter Kit Failed To Program Device 2019/04/09 09:10:33 (permalink)
Hello, I'm having the same issue with the "flash_modify" example used with the PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity Starter Kit.  The board has been working perfectly for several months.  After attempting to program the flash_modify example the board can no longer be programmed and generates the following error;

Address: ffffffff Expected Value: 0 Received Value: 0
Failed to program device

So far the only fix has been to replace the PIC32MZ processor on the board.  Any attempt to use the "flash_modify" example will again leave the processor unusable.  Anyone know of a recovery method short of reworking the board and replacing the processor?

Harmony 2.06
MPLAB X 5.15
XC32 2.10
config "pic32mz_ef_sk"

Thanks.

alimerido
ME & EEE
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with FPU Starter Kit Failed To Program Device 2019/04/10 12:22:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CB109 2019/04/10 15:43:32
5 (1)
Did you try to connect your kit with any ICD device for programming from mclr pin? I was going to try that but somehow my processor went down before try. I think program with ICD might be a solution.
CB109
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with FPU Starter Kit Failed To Program Device 2019/04/10 15:43:24 (permalink)
I didn't have an adapter so had not tried that.  I just built up an adapter and gave it a try with an ICD3.  Programming was successful!  And after returning to the PKOB interface it too was working again for projects other than "flash_modify", no longer did a get the strange error ( 0!=0 ???).

The issue is repeatable, i.e. using PKOB to program the "flash_modify" example renders the PKOB unable to program the PIC32MZ until after it is programmed using an ICD3.  Alimerido, thank you for suggesting this again!
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5