Hot!PIC32MZ - FatFS Problems

Author
Malte
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
2018/10/11 05:38:59 (permalink)

PIC32MZ - FatFS Problems

Hi, first thanks a lot for you blog, its really helpfull!!!
But i just got a problem by working with FatFS and my microcontroller. I am using a chipkit Wifire Dev. (REV C) Board with a PIC32MZ2048EFG100, but everytime i am trying to compile the libary i got the following error:

build/default/production/diskio.o: In function `disk_status':
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:31: undefined reference to `RAM_disk_status'
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:38: undefined reference to `MMC_disk_status'
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:45: undefined reference to `USB_disk_status'
build/default/production/diskio.o: In function `disk_initialize':
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:69: undefined reference to `RAM_disk_initialize'
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:76: undefined reference to `MMC_disk_initialize'
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:83: undefined reference to `USB_disk_initialize'
build/default/production/diskio.o: In function `disk_read':
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:112: undefined reference to `RAM_disk_read'
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:121: undefined reference to `MMC_disk_read'
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:130: undefined reference to `USB_disk_read'
build/default/production/diskio.o: In function `disk_write':
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:160: undefined reference to `RAM_disk_write'
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:169: undefined reference to `MMC_disk_write'
c:/users/malte/mplabxprojects/08.10 v2.x/diskio.c:178: undefined reference to `USB_disk_write'

Im working with mplabx, the xc32 Compiler and the FatFS R 0.13b.
Perhaps you got a solution for this problem? It´s really frustraing, i don´t find an answer. Thank you!

1 Reply Related Threads

LostInSpace
    • Total Posts : 157
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: PIC32MZ - FatFS Problems 2018/10/14 13:30:42 (permalink)
    4 (1)
    OK, so I suggest that you start simple with a known working solution, then expand from there.

This project is know to work. Microchip uses FatFS as the basis for their SD Card driver- you can find FatFS buried in their code.
    microchipdeveloper.com/harmony:audio-player-lab2
    This example shows you how to setup Harmony and the other drivers properly.

Then to get this working you can copy the application code from the example application "sdcard_fat_single_disk" App.c and you will have a working example.

Once you get that working then you can likewise start slow and get the USB to work and RAM disk independently, if you want or need to. Then it is a simpler matter to merge these now working pieces into the application you want.

HTH.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5