Using MCP23017 on a MCP23X17 Evaluation Board, with I2C off-board
I bought recently MCP23X17 Evaluation Board for test I2C interface with my Raspberry Pi Model B+ V1.2.
First, I started by checking that the evaluation board was operationnal : no issues (supply 5V on TP2, GND on TP1, all BP execute the default code to turn on/off the LEDs).
Secondly, I wanted to test my I2C interface with my Raspberry :
- 5V Supply on VDD (TP2) with EX355 Power Supply
- J1-1 (MCLR) on GND (to turn off the PIC)
- A0, A1, A2 on GND for Address 0x20
- SCL (Raspberry) on J4-2 (SCK)
- SDA (Raspberry) on J4-3 (MDSA)
When I execute "i2cdetect -y 1" via Raspberry, the I2C device is not getting detected.
What should I do then ?
Thanks in advance.