AnsweredHot!IPE Command Line (ipecmd) suppress log files?

Author
KTrenholm
  • Total Posts : 410
  • Reward points : 0
2018/04/06 09:27:02 (permalink)

IPE Command Line (ipecmd) suppress log files?

Hey all,

I'm currently putting together a windows batch file for use in a production environment to program a device via the ipe command line (ipecmd.jar).

I'm writing the device no problem, but every time I run the command I end up with 5 log files:
log.0
log.1
log.2
MPLABXLog.xml
MPLABXLog.xml.lck

Is anybody aware if there is a way to suppress these logs?  The Readme for IPECMD.htm file doesn't seem to mention these log files at all, let alone how to suppress them.  This could be a potential issue with our production machines, as they will be running the batch file from a network location, and do not have write permissions for the directory from which these batch files will be run.  I would imagine this would throw an error message, although I haven't tested this on one of the production machines yet.  It would be ideal to just be able to suppress them.

Appreciate any tips/tricks if anyone out there has 'em.
mmujumdar
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: IPE Command Line (ipecmd) suppress log files? 2018/04/25 11:19:21 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby KTrenholm 2018/04/26 08:56:00
5 (1)
MPLAB IPE User's Guide http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/50002227C.pdf provides information on suppressing the log files. This requires the user to log in using the Advanced Mode (Settings -> Advanced Mode, as shown in Figure 2-5 of the User's Guide). In Advanced Mode, the Settings section gives the user control to select the desired  message logging level (more information available in the section on Diagnostics, TABLE 2-6 of the User's Guide). Setting the logging level to OFF suppresses the log files.
KTrenholm
  • Total Posts : 410
Re: IPE Command Line (ipecmd) suppress log files? 2018/04/26 08:55:55 (permalink)
Hey, thanks!
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5