Hot!Harmony + EasyPIC Fusion v7 from mikroelektronica

Author
Fabio Oliveira
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
2018/02/20 05:34:43 (permalink)

Harmony + EasyPIC Fusion v7 from mikroelektronica

Good morning everyone,

This is my first post so I apologize in advance for any mistake! :) It is also my first time with Harmony so I am not yet well familiarized with it. Nevertheless, I saw some example videos from Microchip and I consulted the Microchip Developer Help page.

I am trying to use MPLABX+Harmony with EasyPIC Fusion v7 development board from mikroelektronica in order to put the PIC microcontroller working as a web server. I want to develop a home automation system in which the microcontroller will act as a web server and the users just have to access a web page to change the state of the devices connected to the board that has the PIC.

So, I started by the example "web_net_server_nvm_mpfs" but I am not been able to put it to work correctly even when I configure the registers as I think is the right way (for example, to use RMII) (I have been stuck for days...). I made a video of how I am using Harmony to generate the code: https://www.dropbox.com/s...Configuration.avi?dl=0

I think the problem might be in the BSP that I use. I selected it to not get compiling errors about the LEDs names and switches, but I am not sure if it changes anything else that it shouldn't. Or if I have to define the pins associated with ethernet or if it is done automatically.

Using this configuration I am able to get an IP value for the board using Microchip TCPIP Discoverer (see the end of the video above) but when I write the IP in chrome or internet explorer I get an error "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT".

Using cmd window and ping IP_adress, I get:
Ping statistics for 192.168.1.206:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms
So my computer can reach the PIC. :)

The orange LED in the board is always on and the green one blinks (not periodically).

In 2017 "Thivya" had the same problem and a topic was open in this forum but due to time the user had to buy a development board from microchip (http://www.microchip.com/forums/m984506.aspx).

Does someone has any idea what my be wrong? I am sure it is a stupid thing and I will feel ashamed after! :P

Thank you very much.

Product Version: MPLAB X IDE v4.05
Java: 1.8.0_144; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.144-b01
Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_144-b01
MPLAB® Harmony Configurator Version: 2.0.5.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

Fábio Oliveira

2 Replies Related Threads

Fabio Oliveira
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Harmony + EasyPIC Fusion v7 from mikroelektronica 2018/04/10 02:17:03 (permalink)
    I decided to buy the PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with FPU (EF) Starter Kit.
    navioniks
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Harmony + EasyPIC Fusion v7 from mikroelektronica 2019/04/24 13:42:49 (permalink)
    Hi Fábio,

I hope you don't mind if I resurrect your old thread. :-)

Did you ever go back and re-visit the EasyPic Fusion v7 with Harmony?  I am also trying to work with the EasyPic Fusion v7 and MPLABX/Harmony/XC32.

I have designed a custom board that I based largely upon the Ethernet section of the EasyPic Fusion v7, so it's of keen interest.

Coincidentally, I also ordered up the PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with FPU (EF) Starter Kit, but my first hope is to get the EasyPic working.

BTW... Would you mind re-posting that Harmony configuration video to your dropbox?  The link says it was removed.

Thank you!

-Jim
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5