AnsweredHot!Configuration Bits error, harmony 2.05

Author
Bigdaddy
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
2018/01/31 07:21:03 (permalink)

Configuration Bits error, harmony 2.05

HI guys,

I am using the latest harmony V2.05, MPLAB X IDE v4.05 and XC32 V1.44 (B).
i have build a simple harmony project (just for testing) and i notice that when enabling the Application linker script in the bootloader section, the code build successfully but i have a configuration bits error or (warring) like this:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 2s)
Loading code from C:/microchip/harmony/v2_05/apps/testing/firmware/testing.X/dist/default/production/testing.X.production.hex...
Configuration Bits: address 0x1FC0FFC4: FPLLRNG = 7 does not match any valid value in the device database.
Setting to the default value.
Configuration Bits: address 0x1FC0FFC8: DMTCNT = 31 does not match any valid value in the device database.
Loading completed

when i disable the Application linker script the messages are gone and all works as intended, note that i am using PIC32MZ2048EFH100, as default MCU for this project. i am trying to upgrade from harmony 1.09 but i can't proceed because all my projects have a Bootloader option. does any one know what's the problem ? any help is much appreciated thanks.

here are my configuration bits:

/*** DEVCFG0 ***/

#pragma config DEBUG =      OFF
#pragma config JTAGEN =     OFF
#pragma config ICESEL =     ICS_PGx1
#pragma config TRCEN =      OFF
#pragma config BOOTISA =    MIPS32
#pragma config FECCCON =    OFF_UNLOCKED
#pragma config FSLEEP =     OFF
#pragma config DBGPER =     PG_ALL
#pragma config SMCLR =      MCLR_NORM
#pragma config SOSCGAIN =   GAIN_LEVEL_3
#pragma config SOSCBOOST =  ON
#pragma config POSCGAIN =   GAIN_LEVEL_3
#pragma config POSCBOOST =  ON
#pragma config EJTAGBEN =   NORMAL
#pragma config CP =         OFF

/*** DEVCFG1 ***/

#pragma config FNOSC =      SPLL
#pragma config DMTINTV =    WIN_127_128
#pragma config FSOSCEN =    OFF
#pragma config IESO =       OFF
#pragma config POSCMOD =    HS
#pragma config OSCIOFNC =   OFF
#pragma config FCKSM =      CSECME
#pragma config WDTPS =      PS1048576
#pragma config WDTSPGM =    STOP
#pragma config FWDTEN =     OFF
#pragma config WINDIS =     NORMAL
#pragma config FWDTWINSZ =  WINSZ_25
#pragma config DMTCNT =     DMT31
#pragma config FDMTEN =     OFF
/*** DEVCFG2 ***/

#pragma config FPLLIDIV =   DIV_1
#pragma config FPLLRNG =    RANGE_13_26_MHZ
#pragma config FPLLICLK =   PLL_POSC
#pragma config FPLLMULT =   MUL_21
#pragma config FPLLODIV =   DIV_2
#pragma config UPLLFSEL =   FREQ_24MHZ
/*** DEVCFG3 ***/

#pragma config USERID =     0xffff
#pragma config FMIIEN =     OFF
#pragma config FETHIO =     ON
#pragma config PGL1WAY =    OFF
#pragma config PMDL1WAY =   OFF
#pragma config IOL1WAY =    OFF
#pragma config FUSBIDIO =   OFF

/*** BF1SEQ0 ***/

#pragma config TSEQ =       0x0000
#pragma config CSEQ =       0xffff
aks25
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Configuration Bits error, harmony 2.05 2018/02/02 12:07:36 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Bigdaddy 2018/02/05 06:38:49
5 (1)
The configuration bits are set by the bootloader AFAIK when you use the application linker script and have the bootloader option enabled.. You should check to see what are the settings of the configuration bits in the bootloader application.. Last time I implemented the bootloader I made sure all the configuration bits were set in the bootloader application and everything worked fine.. The warning you are getting essentially means that the configuration bits setting you put in the main application will have no effect.

Edit:
According to microchip

"Configuration Bits - are a collection of special bits that can only be modified at program time."

Essentially when the bootloader is flashed in using a ICD/PICkit it will write the config bits using the programmer.. However, the application code cannot(easily) program these fuses as they are not meant to be changed during run-time. Hence, when you use the bootloader application using usb/network/uart to program your "application" it won't burn in those fuses at it was already programmed by the ICD/PICKIT
post edited by aks25 - 2018/02/02 12:21:35
Bigdaddy
Re: Configuration Bits error, harmony 2.05 2018/02/05 06:12:04 (permalink)
Thank you for replying, sorry I was out of office this couple of days.

so back to the topic, you're right about the configuration bits, and i know that you should set the bootloader application configuration as the same as the main firmware. actually I did all this work on multiple project before but I used the Harmony 1.09. in this example I tried to generate some sample code without developing any bootloader application for the code, and the code is not intended to be downloaded into any real hardware, it's just to explore the difference in the Harmony library between the two versions.

As you said it seems that this specific configuration bits in this main firmware, will not take effect because of the linker configuration, so I have build a similar project but with harmony 1.09, and then I compared the main firmware linker scripts in harmony 1.09 and 2.05, I found one line in difference in the 2.05 version:

/DISCARD/ : { *(.config_*) }

when I delete this line in the 2.05 linker, the warring is no more, and it worked Smile: Smile.

aks25
Starting Member
Re: Configuration Bits error, harmony 2.05 2018/02/05 06:17:31 (permalink)
I'm glad it worked.. Is there any specific reason that you are trying to generate a bootloader linker-script in harmony whilst not having a bootloader, just academic?

What I mean to say is that disabling the bootloader linker script using harmony should have the same impact?
Bigdaddy
Re: Configuration Bits error, harmony 2.05 2018/02/05 07:09:21 (permalink)
Yes you're right, disabling the Harmony linker script has the same impact. that's how i linked the problem to the linker script at the first place.
I am migrating my projects form Harmony 1.09 to 2.05, so to be able to get a smooth transition i am trying to test the essential configuration that i use in mt project. one of those is the bootloader application, so i had to figure out the problem because disabling the bootlaoder is not an option.
eatlp
Re: Configuration Bits error, harmony 2.05 2018/09/30 05:07:05 (permalink)
Hello ... Hope you guys are still around ... I have come across this same problem ...

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 462ms)
Loading code from /Users/leonprucha/microchip/harmony/v2_05_01/apps/my_first_app/firmware/my_first_app.X/dist/default/production/my_first_app.X.production.hex...
Configuration Bits: address 0x1FC0FFC4: FPLLRNG = 7 does not match any valid value in the device database.
Configuration Bits: address 0x1FC0FFC8: DMTCNT = 31 does not match any valid value in the device database.
Loading completed

... BUT I'm not doing anything with a boot-loader application, only working through "Tutorial - Creating Your Own Applications | MPLAB Harmony Integrated Software Framework" (to get an idea of how harmony works).

Is there any suggestion??

I'm using the following ... harmony V2.05.01, MPLAB X IDE v4.15 and XC32 V2.05 ... I sure anyone willing to help will want to see code which I has produced the problem BUT there isn't very much to it, as you can see ...

#include <stdbool.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include "system/common/sys_module.h"
int main ( void ) {
/* Initialize all MPLAB Harmony modules, including application(s). */
// SYS_Initialize( NULL );
while ( true ) {
/* Maintain the state machines of all MPLAB Harmony modules. */
// SYS_Tasks( );
}
/* Execution should not come here during normal operation */
return ( EXIT_FAILURE ); }

chavan
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: Configuration Bits error, harmony 2.05 2018/11/22 21:26:42 (permalink)
Hi eatlp... I have similar issue.. How did uvresolve the problem?
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5