• AVR Freaks

Hot!Project fails to load, but builds anyway ???

Author
WmDrago
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
2017/12/12 15:24:19 (permalink)

Project fails to load, but builds anyway ???

All,

Please see all the errors/warnings in the attached screenshot. I don't understand how this project fails to load, but builds and runs anyway. In the configuration loading error the file mem_track.h is definitely not in that path. I can't find in the source code where to change the path. How do I fix all these errors?

I have 40 years of software dev experience, but this is my first microchip project, so I have no idea what I'm doing yet.
Thanks,
-Bill

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

6 Replies Related Threads

malaugh
    • Total Posts : 412
    Re: Project fails to load, but builds anyway ??? 2017/12/12 16:30:39 (permalink)
    +3 (3)
    These errors refer to missing header files. If your project never includes one of the missing header files, then it will compile and run just fine.

To get rid of the errors, go to the "Header Files" folder and delete the file that do not exist.

Header files are a "convenience feature" in the IDE.  Adding them to the project allows to easily find and edit them.  For compiling it makes no difference if the header file is in the IDE.  So long as it on the disk, the compile will succeed.
    WmDrago
    Re: Project fails to load, but builds anyway ??? 2017/12/13 07:01:01 (permalink)
    Thank you for the reply. Usually when I write C code the header files are required. I don't understand why they are optional in this case. Can you explain? Also, since this program is provided by microhip, why do they make the code look for uneeded header files that do not exist in the first place? This is confusing to me. Thank you...
    andersm
    • Total Posts : 2821
    Re: Project fails to load, but builds anyway ??? 2017/12/13 07:10:22 (permalink)
    +2 (2)
    The compiler and IDE are completely separate programs. When you add a header file to a project, all you're doing is adding a "bookmark" so it can be opened in an editor just by clicking on it. This has no bearing on whether the compiler is able to find it, which depends on the include paths configured in the project settings.

If you've moved the file on disk so the IDE can no longer find it, you'll get a warning so you can update the reference, or remove it if it's no longer needed.
    WmDrago
    Re: Project fails to load, but builds anyway ??? 2017/12/13 10:04:07 (permalink)
    Thank you for the reply. I haven't moved anything. This is a Harmony project right out of the box. The project has many, many subfolders under the "Headers" folder and it is very difficult to find these file references in the project. Clicking on the error message does not bring me to the line causing the error, and searching for the file names yeilds "No matching files were found" so where are all the references?

How do I clean this up and why does an example project come with so my bugs already in it? Adding bugs is my job :)

Thanks...

Here is the complete error list:
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "core_cm7.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "core_cmFunc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "core_cmInstr.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "core_cmSimd.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "cmsis_compiler.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "cmsis_gcc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "tz_context.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "core_cm7.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "acc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "aes.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "afec.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "chipid.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "dacc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "efc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "gmac.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "gpbr.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "hsmci.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "i2sc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "icm.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "isi.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "matrix.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "mcan.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "mlb.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "pmc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "port.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "pwmc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "qspi.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "rstc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "rswdt.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "rtc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "rtt.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "sdramc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "smc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "spi.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "ssc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "supc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "tc.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "trng.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "twi.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "uart.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "usart.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "usbhs.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "utmi.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "wdt.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "xdmac.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "pic32cz2038ca70144.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "pic32cz2038ca70144.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.
    Error: Project "pic32_eth_web_server" refers to file "mem_track.h" which does not exist in the disk. The project failed to load.

Abit.strange
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Project fails to load, but builds anyway ??? 2020/06/03 10:27:49 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    this is not a newby problem.  I have been using MPLAB for years and this is the first time I have encountered it.  It is the result of Microchip decision to force us all to use Harmony.  I have yet to get one to even compile.  Very sparse documentation on how to make it work.  It appears that working with the latest MZ parts gives you no option to not use their horrible Harmony environment.  Gone are the days of rational incremental progress in dev tools

NKurzman
    A Guy on the Net
    • Total Posts : 18773
    Re: Project fails to load, but builds anyway ??? 2020/06/03 11:24:43 (permalink)
    For the PIC32MZ and many MX Microchip only supports Harmony.
    But it is possible not to use it.
    It is just more work.
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5