• AVR Freaks

Hot!Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created.

Author
Shubham Patel
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
2017/12/01 05:57:45 (permalink)

Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created.

I am using Matlab 2016a, with XC16 compiler. I can build the project and also can flash it on the controller. The problem I face is that when I open the project folder in MPLAB XIDE, it just shows all the files in single folder. The linker, headers and source files are not separately created. It shows following line while building the project:
Problem while Creating MPLAB project. MPLAB Project skipped.
Kindly help if you have any idea.

16 Replies Related Threads

cooljustin
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 64
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/03/16 18:26:15 (permalink)
    Hi Lubin,

I am evaluating your blockset based on your feedback (I am a user of your old blockset).

I am using R2019b, XC16 v.1.50, and your latest blockset (3.46).  I am able to compile your examples, but I get the same error as Shubham Patel above: (Problem while Creating MPLAB project. MPLAB Project skipped.)

And, just like Shubham, when I click on the MPLAB X project link, it opens MPLAB X, but it appears to not create a project, but rather just a folder that won't open as a project.

Any ideas, please?
    -Justin

cooljustin
    Starting Member
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/03/16 18:31:21 (permalink)
    Note that I tried to "run as administrator" with Matlab, but have the same results.

Lubin
    • Total Posts : 447
    • Reward points : 5
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/03/17 01:46:37 (permalink)
    Hi Justin,

Could you give try with the updated (3.46.05) version distributed through  https://fr.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/71892-mplab-device-blocks-for-simulink-dspic-pic32-and-sam-mcu

Does model compile ? (get binary file ?)
    Which chip are you targeting ?
    Could you share the compilation log.

Thanks,
    Lubin
    cooljustin
    Starting Member
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/03/17 08:33:44 (permalink)
    Thanks much, Lubin!

I updated the blockset per your instructions, and installed MS Visual C++ 2019.  This is the output I get now.  This is after building the model unchanged from the blockset's example folder.

=== Model Load (Elapsed: 6 sec) ===
        Warning: Parameter define as Input: minutes not found in Function declaration
        Warning: Parameter value should be defined either as a block input or an output.
    === Build (Elapsed: 1:14 min) ===
        Target definition is different from that in the model. Updating target according to the new definition. The following parameters were updated: 
         ProdBitPerPtrDiffT
         ProdLargestAtomicInteger
        Microchip Model Check before compilation
        Update definition for Pointer Size to 16
        Warning:The value 'xc16 - v1.50' of the mask parameter 'COMP_LIST' for the block 'Explorer1632_LCD/Compiler Options' is not valid.
        Warning: Parameter value should be defined either as a block input or an output.
        Warning:The model has 7 discrete rates, which is greater than the 6 discrete sample time colors available. The 6th and slower rates have been marked using the orange sample time color.
        Warning:Parameter precision loss occurred for 'Gain' of 'Explorer1632_LCD/ADC 10bit-value to Voltage'. The parameter's value cannot be represented exactly using the run-time data type. A small quantization error has occurred. To disable this warning or error, in the Configuration Parameters > Diagnostics > Data Validity pane, set the 'Detect precision loss' option in the Parameters group to 'none'.
        ### Generating code and artifacts to 'Model specific' folder structure
        ### Generating code into build folder: C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\New Folder (2)\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.X
        Warning:The value 'xc16 - v1.50' of the mask parameter 'COMP_LIST' for the block 'Explorer1632_LCD/Compiler Options' is not valid.
        ### Build procedure for model: 'Explorer1632_LCD' aborted due to an error.
        Cannot propose to program chip from Matlab: Either file Explorer1632_LCD.elf does not exist or MPLAB X API is not available on this system.
        * Visit the Microchip Blockset Forum for any questions, issues, share tricks.
        * Visit the Microchip Wiki for further informations and examples.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        * MPLAB X project: Explorer1632_LCD.X then select the project folder
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Error:S-function 'MCHP_C_function_Call' in 'Explorer1632_LCD/C Function Call' specifies option SS_OPTION_SFUNCTION_INLINED_FOR_RTW however a 'MCHP_C_function_Call.tlc' file could not be located in the current working directory, the S-function directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks', or the directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks\tlc_c'
        Error:S-function 'MCHP_C_function_Call' in 'Explorer1632_LCD/C Function Call3' specifies option SS_OPTION_SFUNCTION_INLINED_FOR_RTW however a 'MCHP_C_function_Call.tlc' file could not be located in the current working directory, the S-function directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks', or the directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks\tlc_c'
        Error:S-function 'MCHP_Digital_Output_Write' in 'Explorer1632_LCD/Digital Output1/Digital Output Write' specifies option SS_OPTION_SFUNCTION_INLINED_FOR_RTW however a 'MCHP_Digital_Output_Write.tlc' file could not be located in the current working directory, the S-function directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks', or the directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks\tlc_c'
        Error:S-function 'MCHP_Digital_Output_Write' in 'Explorer1632_LCD/Explorer 16 RW pin set to 0/Digital Output Write' specifies option SS_OPTION_SFUNCTION_INLINED_FOR_RTW however a 'MCHP_Digital_Output_Write.tlc' file could not be located in the current working directory, the S-function directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks', or the directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks\tlc_c'
        Error:S-function 'MCHP_C_function_Call' in 'Explorer1632_LCD/Subsystem/Subsystem/C Function Call1' specifies option SS_OPTION_SFUNCTION_INLINED_FOR_RTW however a 'MCHP_C_function_Call.tlc' file could not be located in the current working directory, the S-function directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks', or the directory 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks\tlc_c'

Lubin
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/03/18 01:52:43 (permalink)
    Hi Justin,

Example "Explorer1632_LCD.mdl" works on my setup with this package newly installed.
    Please clean the matlab path from previous blockset installed.

Could you check for the reported missing tlc file (MCHP_C_function_Call.tlc,MCHP_Digital_Output_Write.tlc). Theey should be in your local folder: 
    C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\block

Do you see any reasons why Matlab is not finding theses files which are in the matlab path ?

Could you type picInfo('check') at matlab prompt and report the output ?

Lubin
    cooljustin
    Starting Member
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/03/18 07:03:27 (permalink)
    Hi Lubin,

Thanks very much.

I uninstalled your blockset (from Add-On Explorer -> Manage Add-Ons)

Then, I went into C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes and manually deleted the folder "MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink" (perhaps if I had run the uninstall when Matlab was set to "run as administrator" it would have automatically deleted this folder?)

I then ran Matlab as administrator and reinstalled 3.46.05 per your instructions.

It seems to have solved the missing .tlc file issue.

I was able to build the Explorer1632_LCD.mdl.  It seemed to take a long time (2m 38s) but it seemingly did compile.  However, the original issue with the MPLAB X project is still there.  Please see the output below.

=== Build (Elapsed: 4:16 min) ===
        Target definition is different from that in the model. Updating target according to the new definition. The following parameters were updated: 
         ProdBitPerPtrDiffT
         ProdLargestAtomicInteger
        Warning:The model has 7 discrete rates, which is greater than the 6 discrete sample time colors available. The 6th and slower rates have been marked using the orange sample time color.
        Warning:Parameter precision loss occurred for 'Gain' of 'Explorer1632_LCD/ADC 10bit-value to Voltage'. The parameter's value cannot be represented exactly using the run-time data type. A small quantization error has occurred. To disable this warning or error, in the Configuration Parameters > Diagnostics > Data Validity pane, set the 'Detect precision loss' option in the Parameters group to 'none'.
        ### Generating code into build folder: C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.X
        ### Invoking Target Language Compiler on Explorer1632_LCD.rtw
        ### Using System Target File: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\blocks\MCHP_dsPIC_stf.tlc
        ### Loading TLC function libraries
        ### Initial pass through model to cache user defined code
        ### Caching model source code
        ...............................................................................
        ### Writing main
        ### Writing MCHP_modelInclude.h
        --- Multi Tasking implementation (Treat each discrete rate as separate task)---
        ### Writing header file Explorer1632_LCD_types.h
        ### Writing header file Explorer1632_LCD.h
        ### Writing header file rtwtypes.h
        ### Writing source file Explorer1632_LCD.c
        ### Writing header file Explorer1632_LCD_private.h
        ### Writing source file Explorer1632_LCD_data.c
        ### Writing header file rtmodel.h
        ### Writing source file Explorer1632_LCD_main.c
        ### TLC code generation complete.
        ### Generating TLC interface API.
        .................Problem while Creating MPLAB project. MPLAB Project skipped.
        ### Processing Template Makefile: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf
        Warning:Found legacy make variables |>START_MDLREFINC_EXPAND_INCLUDES<|, |>END_MDLREFINC_EXPAND_INCLUDES<|, |>MODELREF_INC_PATH<| in the template makefile C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables.
        Warning:Found legacy make variables |>S_FUNCTIONS<|, |>S_FUNCTIONS_OBJ<| in the template makefile C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables.
        COMPILATION using 9 thread.
        Warning:Found legacy make variables |>SHARED_BIN_DIR<|, |>SHARED_LIB<|, |>SHARED_SRC<|, |>SHARED_SRC_DIR<| in the template makefile C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables.
        ### Creating C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.X\Explorer1632_LCD.mk from C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf
        ### Building Explorer1632_LCD: "C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.X\Explorer1632_LCD.bat"
        C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.X>"C:\Program Files\Polyspace\R2019b\bin\win64\gmake" -f Explorer1632_LCD.mk GENERATE_ASAP2=0 MCHP_AUTO_FLASH=1 MCHP_MULTITHREAD_COMPILATION=1 LinkWithMaster=0 ISPROTECTINGMODEL=NOTPROTECTING -j 9 -l 9
        Compiling: Explorer1632_LCD_data.c
        Compiling: Explorer1632_LCD_main.c
        Compiling: MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.c
        Compiling: C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c
        "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33EP512MU810 -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" Explorer1632_LCD_data.c -o Explorer1632_LCD_data.o
        Compiling: Explorer1632_LCD.c
        "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33EP512MU810 -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" Explorer1632_LCD_main.c -o Explorer1632_LCD_main.o
        "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33EP512MU810 -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.c -o MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.o
        "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33EP512MU810 -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c -o Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.o
        "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33EP512MU810 -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" Explorer1632_LCD.c -o Explorer1632_LCD.o
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintMinutes':
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:41:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintSeconds':
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:49:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintVoltage':
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:57:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintTemperature':
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:69:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintCPU':
        C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:78:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
        ### BUILD_MODE real_time
        "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -mcpu=33EP512MU810 Explorer1632_LCD_data.o Explorer1632_LCD_main.o MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.o Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.o Explorer1632_LCD.o -o Explorer1632_LCD.elf -omf=elf -Wl,--script="p33EP512MU810.gld",-t,--report-mem,-Map=info.map,-cref,-lq-dsp,--memorysummary,memoryfile.xml
        c:\progra~1\microc~1\xc16\v1.50\bin\bin\..\bin/elf-ld.exe: mode pic30_elf32
        Explorer1632_LCD_data.o
        Explorer1632_LCD_main.o
        MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.o
        Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.o
        Explorer1632_LCD.o
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-pic30-elf.a)crt0_extendedep.o
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-pic30-elf.a)data_init_extended.o
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-pic30-elf.a)crt_start_mode_normalep.Leo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-pic30-elf.a)delay32ep.Leo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)addsf3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatunsisf.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)fpack.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)funpack2.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)futil.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)mulsf3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatundisf.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)funpack.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)sprintf_cdnopuxX.EPeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)sprintf_cdfFnopuxX.EPeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xprintf_cdnopuxX.EPeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)memcpy.EP_eo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)strchr.EP_eo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xputtxt.EP_eo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xvacopy.EP_eo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xputfld_cdnopuxX.EPeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xprintf_cdfFnopuxX.EPeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xputfld_cdfFnopuxX.EPeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xldtob_cdfFnopuxX.EPeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xgenld_cdfFnopuxX.EPeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)div.EP_eo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)ldiv.EP_eo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xldunsca.EP_eo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xlitob.EP_eo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xdnorm.EP_elo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)deqltle.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dgtge.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)divdf3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)divsi3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dpack.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dunpack2.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)extendsfdf.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)fixdfsi.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatsidf.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)muldf3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)subdf3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)udivsi3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)umodsi3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)mulsi3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)divmoddi3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)adddf3.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dcompare.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dpropagateNaN.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dtype.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dunpack.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatdidf.epeo
        (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatundidf.epeo
        xc16-ld 1.50 (A)
        Default Code Model: Small
        Default Data Model: Large
        Default Scalar Model: Small
        "program" Memory [Origin = 0x200, Length = 0x55600]
        section address length (PC units) length (bytes) (dec)
        ------- ------- ----------------- --------------------
        .text 0x200 0x1a28 0x273c (10044)
        .text 0x1c28 0x270a 0x3a8f (14991)
        .dinit 0x4332 0x142 0x1e3 (483)
        .text 0x4474 0xf2 0x16b (363)
        .init.delay32 0x4566 0x1c 0x2a (42)
                         Total "program" memory used (bytes): 0x6543 (25923) 4%
        Auxflash Memory [Origin = 0x7fc000, Length = 0x3ffa]
                             Total auxflash memory used (bytes): 0 (0) <1%
        "data" Memory [Origin = 0x1000, Length = 0xd000]
        section address alignment gaps total length (dec)
        ------- ------- -------------- -------------------
        .nbss 0x1000 0 0x35a (858)
        .ndata 0x135a 0 0x24 (36)
        .nbss 0x137e 0 0xe (14)
        .ndata 0x138c 0 0x2 (2)
        .data 0x138e 0 0x13c (316)
        _0000000007C6E2805e72252d 0xdc00 0 0x200 (512)
        _0000000007C6E3205e72252d 0xde00 0 0x200 (512)
                         Total "data" memory used (bytes): 0x8ca (2250) 4%
        Dynamic Memory Usage
        region address maximum length (dec)
        ------ ------- ---------------------
        heap 0 0 (0)
        stack 0x14ca 0x6b36 (27446)
                         Maximum dynamic memory (bytes): 0x6b36 (27446)
        +++ Created executable: Explorer1632_LCD.elf
        ### Created Explorer1632_LCD.elf successfully (or it was already up to date)

* FLASH compiled model: Explorer1632_LCD.elf on chip 33EP512MU810
                 Flash after compilation: on switch: (on/off)
        ### Successful completion of build procedure for model: Explorer1632_LCD
           Flash After Compilation option is checked. Start programming.
            To remove this option, go to Simulation --> Model Configuration Parameters --> dsPIC Options tab, and uncheck the option.

---------------------------------------------------------
        -- File Explorer1632_LCD.elf is 2 min 38s old --
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        Start programming process
        Check programmer connected with IPE ...
        No Programmer found or selected. Programmation canceled.
        ### Creating HTML report file Explorer1632_LCD_codegen_rpt.html
        ### Simulink cache artifacts for 'Explorer1632_LCD' were created in 'C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.slxc'.
        Build process completed successfully
    cooljustin
    Starting Member
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/03/18 07:44:27 (permalink)
    Here is the output from the picInfo('check'):

--------------------------------------------
    Microchip Blockset 3.46.05 Installed:
    --------------------------------------------
    Refreshing cache...
    - Blockset in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink

2 Compiler(s) found for 16 bits chip:
    - C:/Program Files (x86)/Microchip/mplabc30/v3.31
    - C:/Program Files/Microchip/xc16/v1.50

- No Compiler found for 32 bits chips

Inteface to program chip found:
    - MDB interface in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\v5.30\mplab_platform\bin\mdb.bat
    - IPE interface in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\v5.30\mplab_platform\mplab_ipe\ipecmd.jar
    - Java used from C:\PROGRA~2\MICROC~1\MPLABX\v5.30\sys\java\JRE18~1.0_1\bin\java.exe

Testing programmer interface takes few seconds...
    Check programmer connected with IPE ...
    0 programmer found.
    Check programmer connected with MDB ...
    0 programmer found.
    <--return

Lubin
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/03/24 03:05:06 (permalink)
    Hi Justin,

The typical use case is to flash the chip from Matlab after code generation & compilation. The picInfo(‘check’) report you posted did not find a programmer. Do you have one ? Is your Exporer16 board connected?
    If you have issues accessing programmer from Matlab, you might open the binary .hex file using the IPE utility shipped with MPLAB X and flash the chip.

On your system, the search for a programmer takes ~2m38 which is very slow. Sometimes the system Bluetooth (when on) slow down this search dramatically.
    If you do not want to flash the binary after compilation, Uncheck the « program after build » checkbox in the Microchip menu in the Simulink top menu bar to save this time.

The current blockset release 3.46.05 do not manage to create the MPLAB X project for some settings. I reproduced the same error with this model configured with the same compiler. This will be fixed in the next blockst release. 

Is this MPLAB X project missing a show stopper on your side ?
    cooljustin
    Starting Member
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/03/24 10:27:26 (permalink)
    Thanks as always, Lubin.  I look forward to testing out the new blockset revision when it's available!

Regarding the compile time, my computer doesn't have bluetooth capability (I searched the device manager to make sure).

I turned off "flash after build" and connected ICD3 to the computer.

It reduced the compile time down to 3:40 (see output below).

It seems that something is amiss, as it takes ~1 second per line of output, even when it is just "printing" the results of the compile (such as program, data space used, etc.).

For reference, this is a Core i7 (gen 2) quad core 2.2 GHz laptop with 12GB of memory (plenty available for Matlab / Simulink).

Any idea on what might be slowing things down?

=== Build (Elapsed: 3:40 min) ===
    ### Code generation artifacts for 'Explorer1632_LCD' were unpacked from 'C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.slxc'.
    ### Generating code into build folder: C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.X
    ### Generated code for 'Explorer1632_LCD' is up to date because no structural, parameter or code replacement library changes were found.
    ### Processing Template Makefile: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf
    Warning:Found legacy make variables |>START_MDLREFINC_EXPAND_INCLUDES<|, |>END_MDLREFINC_EXPAND_INCLUDES<|, |>MODELREF_INC_PATH<| in the template makefile C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables.
    Warning:Found legacy make variables |>S_FUNCTIONS<|, |>S_FUNCTIONS_OBJ<| in the template makefile C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables.
    COMPILATION using 9 thread.
    Warning:Found legacy make variables |>SHARED_BIN_DIR<|, |>SHARED_LIB<|, |>SHARED_SRC<|, |>SHARED_SRC_DIR<| in the template makefile C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables.
    ### C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.X\Explorer1632_LCD.mk which is generated from C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\MPLAB Device Blocks for Simulink\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf is up to date
    ### Building Explorer1632_LCD: "C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.X\Explorer1632_LCD.bat"
    C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop\MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master\MCHP_examples\Explorer1632_LCD.X>"C:\Program Files\Polyspace\R2019b\bin\win64\gmake" -f Explorer1632_LCD.mk GENERATE_ASAP2=0 MCHP_AUTO_FLASH=0 MCHP_MULTITHREAD_COMPILATION=1 LinkWithMaster=0 ISPROTECTINGMODEL=NOTPROTECTING -j 9 -l 9
    Compiling: Explorer1632_LCD_data.c
    Compiling: Explorer1632_LCD_main.c
    Compiling: MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.c
    Compiling: C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c
    "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33FJ256GP710A -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" Explorer1632_LCD_data.c -o Explorer1632_LCD_data.o
    Compiling: Explorer1632_LCD.c
    "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33FJ256GP710A -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" Explorer1632_LCD_main.c -o Explorer1632_LCD_main.o
    "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33FJ256GP710A -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.c -o MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.o
    "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33FJ256GP710A -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c -o Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.o
    "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -c -mcpu=33FJ256GP710A -omf=elf -O1 -mno-eds-warn -mconst-in-data -msmall-data -funroll-loops -I. -I".." -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/Explorer1632_LCD.X" -I"C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/extern/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/simulink/include" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common" -I"C:/PROGRA~1/POLYSP~1/R2019b/rtw/c/ert" Explorer1632_LCD.c -o Explorer1632_LCD.o
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintMinutes':
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:41:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintSeconds':
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:49:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintVoltage':
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:57:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintTemperature':
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:69:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c: In function 'PrintCPU':
    C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/MPLAB-Device-Blocks-for-Simulink-master/MCHP_examples/clib/Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.c:78:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'sprintf'
    ### BUILD_MODE real_time
    "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROC~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/xc16-gcc.exe" -mcpu=33FJ256GP710A Explorer1632_LCD_data.o Explorer1632_LCD_main.o MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.o Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.o Explorer1632_LCD.o -o Explorer1632_LCD.elf -omf=elf -Wl,--script="p33FJ256GP710A.gld",-t,--report-mem,-Map=info.map,-cref,-lq-dsp,--memorysummary,memoryfile.xml
    c:\progra~1\microc~1\xc16\v1.50\bin\bin\..\bin/elf-ld.exe: mode pic30_elf32
    Explorer1632_LCD_data.o
    Explorer1632_LCD_main.o
    MCHP_ADC1_Interrupt.o
    Explorer1332_LCD_customCFile.o
    Explorer1632_LCD.o
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-pic30-elf.a)crt0_standard.o
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-pic30-elf.a)data_init_standard.o
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-pic30-elf.a)crt_start_mode_normal.Leo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-pic30-elf.a)delay32.Leo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)addsf3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatunsisf.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)fpack.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)funpack2.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)futil.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)mulsf3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatundisf.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)funpack.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)sprintf_cdnopuxX.XXeo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)sprintf_cdfFnopuxX.XXeo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xprintf_cdnopuxX.XXeo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)memcpy.XX_eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)strchr.XX_eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xputtxt.XX_eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xvacopy.XX_eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xputfld_cdnopuxX.XXeo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xprintf_cdfFnopuxX.XXeo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xputfld_cdfFnopuxX.XXeo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xldtob_cdfFnopuxX.XXeo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xgenld_cdfFnopuxX.XXeo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)div.XX_eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)ldiv.XX_eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xldunsca.XX_eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xlitob.XX_eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\liblega-c-elf.a)xdnorm.XX_elo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)deqltle.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dgtge.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)divdf3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)divsi3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dpack.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dunpack2.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)extendsfdf.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)fixdfsi.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatsidf.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)muldf3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)subdf3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)udivsi3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)umodsi3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)mulsi3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)divmoddi3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)adddf3.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dcompare.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dpropagateNaN.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dtype.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)dunpack.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatdidf.eo
    (c:/progra~1/microc~1/xc16/v1.50/bin/bin/../../lib\libm-elf.a)floatundidf.eo
    xc16-ld 1.50 (A)
    Default Code Model: Small
    Default Data Model: Large
    Default Scalar Model: Small
    "program" Memory [Origin = 0x200, Length = 0x2aa00]
    .text 0x200 0x1986 0x2649 (9801)
    .text 0x1b86 0xadc 0x104a (4170)
    .dinit 0x2662 0x142 0x1e3 (483)
    .text 0x27a4 0xec 0x162 (354)
    .init.delay32 0x2890 0x1c 0x2a (42)
    Total "program" memory used (bytes): 0x3a02 (14850) 5%
    "data" Memory [Origin = 0x800, Length = 0x7800]
    section address alignment gaps total length (dec)
    ------- ------- -------------- -------------------
    .nbss 0x800 0 0x35a (858)
    .ndata 0xb5a 0 0x24 (36)
    .nbss 0xb7e 0 0xe (14)
    .ndata 0xb8c 0 0x2 (2)
    .data 0xb8e 0 0x13c (316)
    _000000000623C5005e7a2d09 0x7c00 0 0x200 (512)
    _000000000623C5A05e7a2d09 0x7e00 0 0x200 (512)
    Total "data" memory used (bytes): 0x8ca (2250) 7%
    Dynamic Memory Usage
    region address maximum length (dec)
    ------ ------- ---------------------
    heap 0 0 (0)
    stack 0xcca 0x6f36 (28470)
    Maximum dynamic memory (bytes): 0x6f36 (28470)
    +++ Created executable: Explorer1632_LCD.elf
    ### Created Explorer1632_LCD.elf successfully (or it was already up to date)

* HTML report file: Explorer1632_LCD_codegen_rpt.html
    * FLASH compiled model: Explorer1632_LCD.elf on chip 33FJ256GP710A
    Flash after compilation: off switch: (on/off)
    ### Successful completion of build procedure for model: Explorer1632_LCD
    Build process completed successfully

cooljustin
    Starting Member
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/07/13 10:56:20 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    For others looking for a solution, the slow compile time thread is continued here:  
    https://www.microchip.com/forums/m1133516.aspx

cooljustin
    Starting Member
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/07/13 10:58:41 (permalink)
    Lubin
    The current blockset release 3.46.05 do not manage to create the MPLAB X project for some settings. I reproduced the same error with this model configured with the same compiler. This will be fixed in the next blockst release. 

Yes, unfortunately, the inability to create a project prevents us from debugging other aspects of our project (such as custom C code and interaction of custom C code and the blockset code).

Any idea when the new blockset will be available, please?
    wvdk
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/10/09 06:41:33 (permalink)
    Lubin

Hi Lubin,

I face the same problem that the MPLABX project generation is not done with the lastest blockset (3.46.064) and matlab R2019a. Victim is the dspic33EV256GM106.
    Lubin
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/10/09 10:15:57 (permalink)
    Thanks for your repport.

I reproduced the issue. 
    Please give it a try with the v3.47 just released.

Do you really need using the MPLAB X project created ?

Lubin

wvdk
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/10/12 00:30:43 (permalink)
    2 (1)
    I just tried it with V3.47. I still have the same problem. The beauty of using the MPlabX project created, is that you can set up the basic config in Matlab, then configure extra pheripherals with the MCC in MPLABX and then return to matlab for a seemless integration. It streamlines the workflow a lot! So do I really need it? yes 
    wvdk
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/10/12 04:41:00 (permalink)
    To give you an update: I restarted to create a new model, with only the system configuration block and compiler configuration block. then it wanted to create the MPLABX project.

Best regards,
    Wim
    Lubin
    Re: Problem while Creating MPLAB project,folders not created. 2020/10/12 15:23:08 (permalink)
    2 (1)
    Hi Wim,

Do you get a warning message about the MPLAB X project creation ?
    Could you share the compilation output msg ?
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5