Hello and welcome to the MPLAB® Code Configurator (MCC) forum.
Code Configurator generates seamless, easy to understand C code that is inserted into your project. It enables, configures and utilizes a rich set of peripherals for 8 & 16-bit MCU’s. It is integrated into MPLAB®
X IDE to provide a very powerful and extremely easy to use development platform.
You can start using the plugin today. To get it you can:
- Install directly from MPLAB X (requires an active Internet Connection):
- In MPLAB X go to the "Tools" menu
- Select "Plugins"
- Select "Available Plugins"
- Search for "MPLAB® Code Configurator." If you do not see it click the "Check for Updates" button and wait for MPLAB X to refresh its list of plugins from the server.
- Make sure the check box in the first column ("Install") is checked next to the "MPLAB® Code Configurator" entry.
- Click the "Install" button and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Install it offline (once downloaded can be done without access to the Internet)
For more information including a User Guide
and Release Notes
, please visit: http://www.microchip.com/mcc
and select the “Current Download” tab.
Your feedback is invaluable to us and this forum is the place where you can discuss topics related to MCC(Opinions/suggestions/bug reports). Please share your feedback as we work to improve the features and functionality of MCC with each new revision.
When sharing feedback, please observe the following:
- If suggesting a new feature, please include a short explanation why that would be useful. This will help when proposing the idea to the development team and it will also help in better anticipating what your needs are.
- If reporting a bug please try be as detailed as possible. More detail helps the developers in identifying the problem faster and thus resolving it faster. Here is a sample template you can use for a bug report:
MCC version: v2.25
MPLAB X version: v3.00
OS: Mac OS 10.7
Area: GUI (or Generated Code)
Device: PIC16LF1947 (if applicable)
Peripheral: EUSART1 (if applicable)
Mode: Asynchronous (if applicable)
Description: (be as descriptive as possible and try to provide the steps needed to reproduce the problem)
- Start MCC
- Add the ADC to the "Project Resources"
- In the ADC UI click the "Enable ADC"
- Change the Positive Vref to "external"
- Change the Clock to "FOSC/4"
- Notice that the UI freezes and the only way of resetting is to close MCC and start it again
Thank you for your feedback and helping to make MCC a valuable tool for your embedded designs.
The MCC Team