2014/08/29 15:05:00
m4l490n
Hello everybody

I'd like to know how to correctly install the Arriba IDE Eclipse Plugin. I installed it but I don't know what is the "Arriba Connect" zip or how to install it. I installed the plugin but it doesn't show the configurations when creating a new project.

This is for windows

Regrds.
2014/08/29 21:37:51
viosoft
The followings are excerpt from the Arriba welcome letter and has been tested with Eclipse Juno on Windows XP/8:

Installing Arriba Plugin
  • Download the Arriba Plugin from http://www.microchip.com/arriba
  • From Eclipse, select Help->Install New Software…
  • From the Install Dialog, click on “Add” to bring up the Add Repository Dialog
    • From the Add Repository Dialog, click on “Archive” to bring up the file browser
    • Browse to the location of the downloaded plugin and select the plugin
    • You should see the full path of the plugin specified in the “Location” entry
  • At this time, you should see the entry for Arriba Embedded Development Tools shown in the Install Dialog
    • Select “Arriba for Microchip MCUs”
    • (If necessary, uncheck “Group items by category” if you don’t see the Arriba selection)
    • Click “Next” to proceed
  • View installation details and click “Next” to proceed
  • Check on the selection to accept the terms of the license agreement and select “Next” to proceed
  • Ignore the benign warning about installation of unsigned content, select “OK” to proceed
  • Eclipse will request a restart for changes to take effect, select “Yes” to do so
The next step is to install Arriba Connect

Installing Arriba Connect
  • Arriba requires that you install Arriba Connect in your Eclipse top level directory for proper operation
  • Failure to do so will show message at startup of your Eclipse IDE
  • To install Arriba Connect:
    • Exit from Eclipse
    • Download the version of Arriba Connect appropriate for your host
    • For Linux and MacOS users, untar the Arriba Connect image from your top-level Eclipse install directory as followed:
    % cd <eclipse directory>
    % tar xvzf arriba-connect-<host>.tgz
    • For Windows users, simply unzip the Arriba Connect zip file image in your top-level Eclipse install directory
    • Start Eclipse
    • You should see the Arriba Connect active indicator at the lower-left corner of your Eclipse IDE
2015/03/26 15:41:12
curtyc
Dear Moderator (or Everybody in the forum?)

We are interest to test "Arriba" on a Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS x86_64.
So we have tried: but it didin't work out.
In details:
We have downloaded from the following files:
Eclipse Plug-in   Arriba ™ Plug-in for Eclipse (arriba-06132014-plugin.zip 19,355,624 bytes)
Linux 32-Bit and Linux 64-Bit    Arriba Connect ™ for PIC MCUs, Plug-In Edition (arriba-connect-x86-linux.tgz 481,433,686 bytes)
and tried the following versions:
Java version: 1.8.0_31, 1.6.0_27
Eclipse version: Luna, Juno

> Question #1:
Do you have an installation manual with all the informations to install "Arriba Plug-In Edition" framework to Eclipse ?
(I have downloaded and we couldn't see this detailed information there...)

> Question #2:
Could you please list all the exact versions needed to install each part of the most recent version of "Arriba Plug-In Edition" framework to Eclipse ? Example: Java version, Eclipse version, Library versions, etc

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Curtyc
2015/04/02 11:11:50
viosoft
Hi Curtyc,

Can you clarify as to whether you're installing this on 32 or 64bit version of Eclipse?  Also, in your current Eclipse instantiation, is there CDT already running?

Viosoft
© 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5

Use My Existing Forum Account