2020/03/12 06:53:25
gunzelg
Hello
ich bought a Evaluation Board o use for a project. But my IDE V5.15 does not recognise the board. So whats wrong? Writing on the package: for "MPLAB Xpresss cloudbased IDE".meanoes ootthat mean, that i can't use the borard for my IDE on my notebook?
If not, where can i get information, which Evaluation Board is useable for programming using local IDE?

regards
Gerhard
2020/03/12 07:37:14
katela
There are plenty of evaluation boards depending on what you want to design. Did you search Evaluation board on https://www.microchipdirect.com/ ?
2020/03/12 07:50:31
gunzelg
No, i was looking on ebay, and took the cheapest one. I relied on my experiance with the DM164136, a curiosity board, that is recognised by IDE 5.15. So i thought i can use every board the same way. Looks like that was wrong.
But i inly have a small (private) project, where i need 2 analog in and 2 digital outs. But how can i use the DM164140? Can i only use ready projects using the Cloud IDE? I did not find out that?

regards
Gerhard
2020/03/12 08:20:57
katela
I haven't used the DM164140 yet, but I think you should be able to use your offline IDE as well. 
In the user guide section 2.2:

PROGRAMMING XPRESS BOARD USING MPLAB® X
Xpress Boards can be programmed using MPLAB X by following the same steps as described in Section 2.1 “Programming the MPLAB Xpress Evaluation Board” for MPLAB Xpress.
In addition to drag-and-drop, MPLAB X can run a post-build script to perform this action automatically. To set this up, right click on Project Name > Properties > Building and check the Execute this line after build. In the text box below it, type: cp ${ImagePath} Replace with the actual location where XPRESS board is mounted.
For example, on Windows, if the XPRESS board is mounted at D:\, the script would look like: cp ${ImagePath} D:\ For Mac OS X, if the XPRESS board is mounted at /Volumes/XPRESS, the script would look like: cp ${ImagePath} /Volumes/XPRESS

You could also develop offiline with MPLAB X IDE, then package your project to a zip file. When you want to program your board with MPLAB Xpress, you could import your zipped project with MPLAB Xpress.
2020/03/12 23:15:34
gunzelg
Hello katela
it does not work, or i am too stupid to understand. Bu when i add the command i'll get an error message on comiling and the board is still not accepted. What is interesting: The board is recognized as drive f from windows. And there is a file on it, a html-file, that guids to the cloud-based ide. The next problem is that i cant login and i can not reach the support (page not found)......

regards
Gerhard
2020/03/13 05:44:57
gunzelg
Ah, really, i was too stupid to understand. Drop the hex-File on the Drive, and it works....

thanks
Gerhard
© 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5

Use My Existing Forum Account