USB Hubs and Devices
- USB MCUs & dsPIC DSCs
- Product Families
- MPLAB Connect Configurator
- PIC32 and SAM MCUs USB Quick Selector Guide
- USB Hubs and Devices
Microchip's Inter-Chip Connectivity™ Technology Patent License Program
HSIC, which incorporates Microchip's (ICC) technology, enables silicon devices, System in Package (SIP) solutions and Multi-Chip Modules (MCM) connected on a circuit board utilizing the ubiquitous USB 2.0 protocol. HSIC has been adopted as part of the USB 2.0 standard and dramatically decreases power consumption in numerous applications, including battery-powered portable devices.
When connectivity between a host and a peripheral demands the use of a cable or a connector, the USB 2.0 standard is currently the de facto solution. However, the USB 2.0 interface requires the use of an analog Physical Layer interface (PHY) in order to transmit the signaling up to 5 meters over cabling.
When the application needs the same level of interoperability offered by the cabled version of USB 2.0, and the distance between the host or hub and the peripheral is 10 centimeters or less, and does not require the use of a connector, HSIC is the lowest cost and lowest power solution available today. The power reduction is most obvious when actively transferring data, and has been measured to be one seventh of the power consumed by a pair of traditional USB 2.0 PHYs.
Microchip Devices with Inter-Chip Connectivity Technology
- LAN9730 - Hi-Speed Inter-Chip (HSIC) USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet Controller
- SEC4410 - Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- USB3503 - USB 2.0 HSIC High-Speed Hub Controller Optimized for Portable Applications
- USB3613 - USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 3-Port Hub Controller Optimized for Portable Applications
- USB3813 - USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 3-Port Hub Controller Optimized for Portable Applications
- USB4604 - USB 2.0 HSIC Hi-Speed 4-Port Hub Controller
- USB4624 - USB 2.0 HSIC Hi-Speed 4-Port Hub Controller
- USB4640 - Ultra-fast Digital Hi-Speed USB Hub and Flash Media Controller Combo