USB Hubs and Devices
- USB MCUs & dsPIC DSCs
- Product Families
- MPLAB Connect Configurator
- PIC32 and SAM MCUs USB Quick Selector Guide
- USB Hubs and Devices
USB58xx and USB59xx USB3.1 Gen1 Smart Hub Device Families
What is a "SmartHub"?
A SmartHub is a USB hub that integrates system-level functions typically associated with a separate MCU or processor
Product Family Highlights
Industry's First Seven Port USB 3.1 Gen1 Hub IC for USB Type-C™.
USB58xx and USB59xx Devices Integrate a 2:1 Multiplexer to Support Reversible Connection of USB Type-C™.
- Seven downstream USB 3.1 Gen 1/2.0 ports
- Integrated Hub Feature Controller (HFC)
- I/O Bridging: Host communication to external peripherals
- FlexConnect: Host port Swapping and Switching to downstream devices
- Integrated 2:1 MUX for direct support of the new USB Type-C ports
- Integrated Billboard class device for Power Delivery notification support
- PortSplitting - USB downstream port can be split for custom applications using embedded USB2 devices in parallel with USB2.0 devices
- Battery Charging - USB-IF rev 1.2 support on downstream ports (DCP, CDP, SDP) including legacy Apple® iOS, Blackberry®, China Charging and many others
- Compatible with MSFT Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Apple OS X 10.4+, and Linux hub drivers
- Available in 100-pin (12 mm x 12 mm) VQFN RoHS complaint package
- Industrial grade temperature support (-40ºC to 85ºC)
- Automotive quality and PPAP support