G3-based PLC Solution
Microchip® offers a family of G3-PLC chips, based on orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) for narrowband power line communications (PLC) using the low-voltage electric grid. Drawing on our deep expertise in PLC modem technology and extensive collaboration with utilities and metering OEMs, we’ve created solutions offering an unprecedented level of integration and performance. Our solutions support various open and multi-provider industry standards such as G3-PLC, promoted by the G3-PLC Alliance which is composed of leading utilities, meter manufacturers, system integrators, IT vendors, automotive companies and silicon providers. Microchip provides a G3-PLC free of charge software stack that turns the management of PLC networks into a transparent process. Atmel G3-PLC devices are supported by a full set of project examples, application notes, high-level application examples and a worldwide ecosystem to shorten development cycle time. Microchip G3-PLC chips are offered in single chip (SOC) and two-chip (PHY base band + MCU) configuration.
Learn more about G3-PLC Alliance
Begin designing today. Get Atmel Studio IDE.
- High performance G3 solution, includes G3- software stack
- "Robust" mode to improve communication under noisy channel conditions
- SOC configuration: High performance, highly integrated platform based on ARM Cortex-M4-based processor, able to implement a complete Smart Meter
- Modem (two chip) configuration: High performance PLC modem implementing PHY base band, shall be combined with an external Atmel MCU
- G3-PLC CENELEC, FCC and ARIB profiles supported
- Outstanding analog front end offering best-in-class efficiency and sensitivity
- Balances bill of materials (BOM) cost vs. performance