Optical Networking Solutions
The Optical Transport Network (OTN) defined in ITU-T G.709 is the default networking protocol that underpins today’s metro, regional and long-haul Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) packet-optical transport networks. Two generations of OTN has already been widely deployed: OTN 1.0, which was based on 10G WDM transport; and OTN 2.0, which enabled the transition to Coherent 100G Metro OTN switched networks and is the de facto standard in transport networks today. OTN has proven to be extremely flexible for accommodating new client signals and line rates. It offers the highest network reliability, providing 50 ms protection against any number of failures and deterministic service isolation capable of supporting the strictest Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
A transition to next-generation OTN is needed to scale the optical transport infrastructure to meet the unprecedented growth in bandwidth requirements. OTN 3.0 introduces flexible, “beyond 100G” (B100G) optical transport capabilities, coupled with support for new services like 25GbE, 50GbE, 200GbE, 400GbE and Flexible Ethernet. While there will be an enduring market need for OTN 2.0, packet optical transport networks will require OTN 3.0 to address another wave of growth in network traffic.
Our OTN processors and OTN PHYs offer leading innovation, integration and power for Data Center Interconnect (DCI) networks. They deliver the quickest time to market and lowest R&D expense for the OEM and minimize the total cost of ownership for the service provider.
We also offer a comprehensive portfolio of optical networking solutions for Synchronous Optical Networking/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH), T1/E1 and Fiber-to-the-Home/Passive Optical Network (FTTH/PON) protocols.
Multi-Service OTN Processors
Our portfolio of the industry's most integrated OTN processors features our award-winning DIGI family of devices. These OTN processors deliver optimized power and footprints that uniquely address the requirements of DWDM transponders and muxponders, switchponders, OTN switching platforms, DCI and OTN mobile fronthaul architectures.
- Support for 10GE, 25GE, 50GE, 100GE, 200GE, 400GE, FlexE and FlexO interfaces
- Low port power consumption
- Flexible high-performing SerDes up to 56G PAM-4
- Glueless interfacing to OTN switches, Ethernet switches, packet processors and cross-connects
To extend OTN to the router, our multi-rate OTN PHYs enable a single management layer between optical transport and routing networks, resulting in lower operating costs and improved service availability for network operators.
- Tri-Mode FEC at 10G and 40G OTN rates
- Enable universal OTN/Ethernet router ports
- Ultra-low latency OTN encryption for secure cloud connectivity
- Low port power consumption
- Enable router line card capacities of 1 Tbps and higher
OTN Mobile Fronthaul Solutions
DIGI Mobile Fronthaul Solution
- Optimized for CPRI Option 5 and 7 into 100G OTU4
- Supports CPRI, 10GE, 25GE, 40GE and 100GE
- Supports optional link security
- Based on PM5990 DIGI-G4 and PM5980 DIGI-100GX
HyPHY Mobile Fronthaul Solution
SONET/SDH and T1/E1
We offer a complete portfolio of SONET/SDH framers, ADM-on-a-Chip, and a family of SONET/SDH switching elements. These products enable you to design and deploy low-power, low-chip-count architectures suited for metro-access, aggregation and core SONET/SDH optical networking.
- SONET/SDH PHYs and interface chips
- Single-chip add/drop multiplexors
- High-order cross-connects
- Low-order cross-connects
- Narrowband cross-connects
- Tributary processors
- T1/E1 LIUs and framers
Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) SoCs
We provide broadband fiber access SoCs with interoperable end-to-end solutions for all Passive Optical Network (PON) protocols.
Check our secure data sheet portal for more information on the following:
- Ethernet Passive Network (EPON) devices
- Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) devices
- Network processors