Touch & Gesture
Gesture Detection for Embedded Applications
- Volume control is the “natural habitat” for the air wheel
- UI as factor of product differentiation
- Contact less operation (Hygiene)
- Closed, sealed surface
- Home, industrial, medical environment
- Host free application
PC/PC Peripheral 3DTouchPad
- Extends 2D multi-finger touch pad with 3D gestures
- Intuitive content flow control with a wave of your hand (e.g. presentations)
- System wake up by proximity or gesture
- Keyboard backlit on approach
- Palm rejection – desktop-class typing on notebooks
With the MGC3xxx controller family Microchip offers a true single chip solution for gesture recognition, removing the need of host processing completely.
This leading concept combined with the guided design in process by the Aurea GUI (provided by Microchip) – enables fast and straightforward gesture integration for all types of embedded devices.
Being a single chip turnkey solution all gestures are recognized direct on-chip the MGC3xxx. Communication to the host is done by I2C or even by EIO. The EIO interface (called Gesture Port) simplifies further the usage of gesture control in all kinds of products.
GestIC also blends perfectly with other input methods . Existing mechanical buttons can be brought to the 21st century with gestures control enabled right above them or 3D gestures elevate a touch pad to new levels of usability – the latter a reference design and DevKit from Microchip, the 3DTouchPad.