- Analog Products
- Automotive Touch
- Car Access
- Memory Products
- High Temperature Products
- Timing Solutions
- Automotive Security
- Automotive Applications
- Functional Safety
- Recommended for Automotive
- Automotive Products
Heated and Cooled Seats
Heated and cooled seats can provide comfort to occupants throughout the vehicle in times of inclement weather. Heating is normally accomplished via heating elements placed in the seats while passive cooling is performed with the use of fans that provide
air circulation throughout the seating material.
The operation of the heated and cooled seats in normally managed via the LIN bus and is accomplished by a small, cost-effective microcontroller that controls MOSFETs driving heating elements and cooling fans. Microchip offers cost-effective components to help you design an efficient, flexible embedded control system for various seating configurations.
The Microchip lineup of LIN transceiver products range from standalone to LIN transceivers to fully integrated System-in-Packages (SIPs) that include a voltage regulator and a microcontroller. Our LIN transceivers are compliant with the industry-standard LIN bus specifications and are approved by the major global OEMs.
- MCP2003B – Standalone 8-pin LIN transceiver
- ATA663254 - LIN system basis chip including 5.0V voltage regulator and NRES-output
- ATA663454 – LIN system basis chip including 5V voltage regulator, watchdog and high-side switch
Our basic power management solutions include several automotive-grade linear and switched voltage regulators. Linear regulators feature low dropout voltages, ultra-low quiescent currents, wide input voltage ranges, load dump and reverse battery protection. Switching regulators support buck, boost, buck-boost and SEPIC designs from 100 mA to 12A output currents.
- MAQ5280 – High-performance, low dropout regulator, 25 mA, 120V, adjustable Vout from 1.215 to 5V
- MCP1790 – 30V, 70 mA, load dump protected linear voltage regulator
- MCP16311 – 30V, 1A PFM/PWM high-efficiency synchronous buck regulator
- MCP16331 – 50V 1A non-synchronous buck regulator
When an external Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) is required for your design, you can find a wide variety of solutions from Microchip. Our automotive-grade portfolio includes Successive Approximation Register (SAR) and Delta-Sigma analog-to-digital converters. Our SAR ADCs range from 10-bit to 16-bit resolution, with speeds up to 1 Msps. Delta-sigma converters offer 16-bit to 22-bit resolutions, with sampling rates up to 125 ksps.
- MCP3001 - 2.7V 10-bit A/D converter with SPI serial interface
- MCP3302 - 13-bit Differential Input, ADC with SPI serial interface
- MCP33131D-10 - 1 Msps 16/14/12-Bit Differential Input SAR ADC
- MCP3422 - 18-bit, multi-channel delta-sigma ADC with I2C interface and on-board reference
- MCP3553 - Low-power, single-channel 22-bit delta-sigma ADC
Microchip’s portfolio of MOSFET drivers comprises a wide variety of configurations providing for flexibility of design. Half-bridge drivers with adaptive dead-time and shoot-through protection, single and dual low-side drivers available in inverting, non-inverting and complementary configurations, and high-side drivers that feature latch up under-voltage lockout protection.
- MIC4605 – Half-bridge, 85V, MOSFET driver
- ATA6844 – BLDC motor driver and LIN system basis chip
- MCP14700 – 2A, synchronous half-bridge MOSFET driver
- TC4432 – 1.5A, 30V high-side MOSFET driver
- MAQ4125 – 3A, 20V, dual complementary low-side MOSFET driver
- MCP1416 – 1.5ª, 18V, single low-side MOSFET driver
|Automotive Networking Development Board|
|The Automotive Networking Development Board is a low-cost modular development system for Microchip’s 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers targeting CAN and LIN network related applications. The board supports devices using the 100 pin Plug-In Module (PIM) connector, has four Mikrobus™ sockets for MikroElectronika Click™ add-on boards and includes a PICtail™ Plus edge connector for backwards compatibility to PICtail Plus boards used with the Explorer 16 Development board.|
|LIN Serial Analyzer|
|The LIN Serial Analyzer development tool enables the user to monitor and communicate to a LIN (Local Interface Network) bus using a Personal Computer (PC). This is a powerful tool which can be used to send messages, monitor the bus traffic, perform errors checks and filter messages amongst many other features, allowing the user to develop and debug the system implementation.|
|MCP8063 12V 3-Phase BLDC Sensorless Fan Controller Demonstration Kit|
|The MCP8063 12V 3-Phase BLDC Sensorless Fan Controller Demonstration Kit allows the control and monitoring of Microchip 12V fan driver devices, such as the MCP8063 or MTD6501, using a PC software connected to the demo board via a USB connection. The MCP8063 12V 3-Phase BLDC Sensorless Fan Controller Demonstration Board software provides several features, such as fan driver power supply control and monitoring, pulse-width modulation (PWM) control, and speed and current consumption monitoring. It also allows automatic application testing.|
|MAQ5280YME Evaluation Board|
|The MAQ5280 evaluation board demonstrates the features of the MAQ5280, a high-performance, linear regulator, offering a very low noise output with a very wide input voltage operating range, from 4.5V to 120V DC input voltage.|
|Explorer 8 Development Kit|
|The Explorer 8 Development Kit is a full-featured development board and platform for 8-bit PIC® microcontrollers. This kit is a versatile development solution, featuring several options for external sensors, off-board communication and human interface. Additionally, it offers ample room for expansion, making it an excellent solution for developers and engineers looking for a tool with the largest number of supported 8-bit PIC MCUs.|
|ATA6613-EK Development Board V1.2|
|Development board for ATA6612C, ATA6613C and ATA6614Q ICs. It is designed to accelerate programming, prototyping and testing of new LIN designs.|