- Amplifiers & Linear
- CO and Smoke Detector ICs
- Analog to Digital Converter
- Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Digital Potentiometer
- Energy Measurement
- F/V & V/F Converter
- Voltage References
- High Voltage Interface
- MEMS & Piezoelectric Drive Applications
- Interface and Networking
- LED Drivers and Backlighting
- Power Management
- Temperature Sensors
- Product Selection Tools
- Design Resources
- Inductive Position Sensors
Temperature Sensor ICs and Fan Controllers
Single- or Multi-Channel Low-Power Temperature Sensors, Fan Controllers and Thermocouple Solutions for Managing Heat in Your Design
If you are looking for a flexible temperature measurement solution for your application, our portfolio of temperature sensor ICs, fan controllers and thermocouple ICs provides you with plenty of cost-effective and space-saving options to suit your specific design requirements.
Single- and Multi-Channel Temperature Sensors
For designs that require accuracy and reliability across a wide range of temperatures, our single-channel (local) temperature sensor portfolio includes analog output, digital output, and temperature switch sensor ICs. Use these multiple-sensor output devices instead of discrete sensor solutions like Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC) thermistors to reduce hardware and software complexity and fast-track your design process. Available in small and flexible packaging options, these products allow you to innovate and retrofit your next design with high temperature accuracy, low power consumption and other key features.
If you need to measure multiple temperatures in embedded systems like servers, networking and telecommunications equipment and LCD projectors, our multi-channel temperature sensors are integrated solutions that can simplify monitoring and reduce the total cost of your system. You can use these digital temperature ICs, which are also known as remote temperature sensors, along with a transistor in each remote location up to hundreds of feet away and still achieve a ± 1°C maximum accuracy in measuring temperatures in your application.
- Rich portfolio of analog output temperature sensors and temperature switches to meet your specific requirements
- Multi-channel monitoring with low power consumption of 1.62V
Improve system performance in computing, mass storage, networking and other applications with our portfolio of fan controller ICs that offer up to five Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) fan drivers for design flexibility. Our closed-loop fan controllers feature look-up tables, PID loop control and alerts for locked rotors and blocked air paths. The majority of our PWM and linear fan controllers feature integrated temperature sensing, making them great all-in-one solutions for a variety of embedded applications.
- One- to five-channel, code-compatible PWM fan drivers for design expansion or reuse
- 0.5% tach accuracy to ensure tight control
- Built-in spin-up and ramp rate control to simplify code development
- Look-up table for eight PWM-to-temperature settings to cover a wide range of thermal conditions
- Integrated temperature sensors for single-chip embedded solutions
Robust and accurate, thermocouples are the most common temperature-measurement devices used in applications that must perform in harsh and extreme environments. They can endure intense heat conditions while measuring temperatures over extremely wide ranges. Our thermocouple solutions combine a precision, high-resolution Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) and precision instrumentation that corrects the thermocouple nonlinear error characteristics of the top eight types of thermocouple elements.
- World’s first fully integrated thermocouple to degrees Celsius converter ICs are complete plug-and-play solutions
- Combine a high-precision ADC, high-accuracy temperature sensor and a preprogrammed math engine into a single package to simplify designs
Are You Working on an Automotive Application?
The low-power, small packages, cost effective and high accuracy performance of our AEC-Q100-qualified Temperature Sensors make them excellent choices for automotive designs.