3-Phase Brushless Motor Drivers
Microchip offers a family of three-phase brushless motor drivers and gate drivers.
The family of three-phase brushless sensorless sinusoidal motor drivers can be interfaced with any microcontrollers by using a simple PWM, or can also be used stand-alone by the application.
The family of three-phase brushless gate drivers is ideal to be designed with microcontrollers or digital signal controllers.
Main features of motor driver family
- Sensorless three-phase brushless motor drivers (no hall-effect sensor required)
- 180° sinusoidal drive, for high efficiency and low acoustic noise
- Speed control through power supply modulation (PSM) and/or pulse-width modulation (PWM)
- Direction control pin (MTD6502B and MTD6505)
- Resistor programmable BEMF coefficient (MTD6505)
- Motor speed output (FG)
- Lockup protection and automatic recovery
- Over-current Limit, short circuit, and over-temperature protection
Main features of motor gate driver family
- Three half-bridge drivers configured to drive external NMOS MOSFETs
- Shoot-through protection
- Overcurrent and short circuit protection
- Adjustable output buck regulator
- Operational amplifiers for motor phase current monitoring and position detection
- Overcurrent Comparator
- Level Translators
- UVLO; OVLO; thermal warning and shutdown
- Load dump protection
- Extended Temperature Range: -40 to +150°C