Hot!LoRaWAN configuration for custom LORA Node with MPLAB setting

Author
GTV31
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
2017/04/26 14:02:57 (permalink)

LoRaWAN configuration for custom LORA Node with MPLAB setting

Hello Everyone,

So I have the following situation. I want to design my own LoRaWAN node and to achieve this I use this document from Microchip: LoRaWAN™ Library Plug-in for MPLAB® Code Configurator User’s Guide (http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/40001864A.pdf).
However, after all the settings in MPLAB, now I want to upload the example code (provided at the end of the previous document) for simple a LoRaWAN node so I can test my hardware.
When I build the code, it displays that the function LORAWAN_MainLoop(); -> Unable to resolve identifier and of course the the result of the build would be FAIL. Although, if I comment this line, the code build and I can even upload it into the chip, but not the problem would be that there is no data transmission or communication between uController and LoRa Radio, since this function is (according to the document) running the LoRaWAN stack.

Therefore, my question would be: Someone came through the same issue and managed to resolve it?

Kind regards,

4 Replies Related Threads

GTV31
    Re: LoRaWAN configuration for custom LORA Node with MPLAB setting 2017/04/26 14:51:07 (permalink)
    4 (1)
    Just found the solution.

The problem is in the given example code. 
    This one says:
    while (1)
    {
    // Add your application code
    LORAWAN_MainLoop();
    // All other function calls of the user-defined
    // application must be made here
    LORAWAN_Send(UNCNF, 2, "LoRa", 4);
    }

and it should be:
    while (1)
    {
    // Add your application code
    LORAWAN_Mainloop();
    // All other function calls of the user-defined
    // application must be made here
    LORAWAN_Send(UNCNF, 2, "LoRa", 4);
    }

A spelling mistake in the LORAWAN_Mainloop(); , its written with small (l) not capital (L).

Thank you for the attention guys. Hope this can help you.

usmanasghar
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: LoRaWAN configuration for custom LORA Node with MPLAB setting 2017/05/01 05:15:48 (permalink)
    Hello, I just saw your post and glad that someone else is also looking to use this LORAWAN library. I have LORA mote EU version (http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/LoRa%20Mote%20Users%20Guide.pdf).
    While going through schematics in the link i provided you is that my PIC controller (PIC 18LF45K50) and LORA module RN2483 dont communicate through SPI interface while in here (http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/40001864A.pdf) they are using SPI interface. Could you share which version of LORA mote you have are using. It would be really helpful to me because right now i think this LORAWAN library wont work with current LORA motes. 

Thanks in advance 
    GTV31
    Re: LoRaWAN configuration for custom LORA Node with MPLAB setting 2017/05/02 01:19:34 (permalink)
    4 (2)
    Dear usmanasghar,
    Happy to see that my post is helping you.
    However, I am not using any LoRa Mote. I am making my own LoRa module, something like the RN2483. 
    The SPI connection that is specified in the document: LoRaWAN™ Library Plug-in for MPLAB® Code Configurator User’s Guide is between a PIC controller and a SX1276 LoRa Chip (https://cdn.instructables.com/F32/S2YS/IEGXQV21/F32S2YSIEGXQV21.LARGE.jpg).  
    You can use a SX1276 chip (http://www.hoperf.com/upload/rf/RFM95_96_97_98W.pdf) stand alone to make just a LoRa communication, although you will need the PIC controller in which you will upload the code to manage the LoRaWAN stack, which is the one responsible for achieving a LoRaWAN network.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind regards.
    jayarams
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: LoRaWAN configuration for custom LORA Node with MPLAB setting 2017/09/14 03:19:51 (permalink)
    Hi,
    I have following questions,

1)if I want to send the sensor data at specific interval to server, where can I modify (Is this after LORAWAN_Mainloop();)

2) After modify and compile the code using MPLAB X, how can upload the image or compiled file to RN2483 MOTE board (chip).
    I am using DV164140-1 - Evaluation Kit, RN2483 MOTE.

I am using MPLAB X v3.15 and problem in loading lorawan stack as described.... Is this right version for the app. development.

Thanks,
    S.Jayaram
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5