Re: MPLAB Xpress on OS X
I do have the same kind of problems than jverne and ralphrmartin :
- Xpress board was not showing up. That was due to some faulty cable caracteristics (working fine to charge an Android device, bad as a cable for Xpress board). Trying different cables has solved the problem, as well as MPLAB USB bridge malfunction on XPress board, as well as on Curiosity board.
- Using the right cable, I have now XPRESS showing on the list. However, it is on "Read only" status and I'm unable to write anything on it.
- As I have WIN on the same Mac, with Parallels running as VM, I have been able to write on XPress board from the Windows environnement. It worked then as expected. However it is rather tedious to have to switch from one environnement just for that purpose.
- On the Mac side, I have tried to change the "read only" status of the board, but I have no options available. XPRESS board file system shows different "formats" depending from where you ask, mainly shown as "FAT12".
- It looks like I'am having some USB hardware/OSXdriver pb on my Mac.
My question is : as I do not want to ruin the board, do I have an option to try to "reformat" Xpress board to FAT32, provided OSX will allow me to do that ?
I am working on a Mac Pro 15" 2009 running 10.11.6 El Capitan and WinXP running on Parallels Virtual Machine.
Thank you in advance, if you can help.