Project just shows up as folder, how can I get it back without reloading everything?

Author
PaulMakesThings
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2015/07/23 12:01:45 (permalink)

Project just shows up as folder, how can I get it back without reloading everything?

For some reason a rather large project of mine has stopped being identified as a project, and if I go to "Open Project" and browse to it it it's just a folder called "charge_controller.x", it doesn't have the little chip icon and if I click on it it just opens the folder. I suppose I could create a new project and reimport all of the files, I've done that before with a small project, but this one has a lot of them, besides that I'd just have to do it again when this happens again. Is there a way to make MPLAB X just see it as a project again?

3 Replies Related Threads

jdeguire
    • Total Posts : 424
    Re: Project just shows up as folder, how can I get it back without reloading everything? 2015/07/23 12:54:00 (permalink)
    Is there an "nbproject" directory under your "charge_controller.x" directory?  That's how MPLAB X looks for projects.  If not, then your project files got blown away somehow.  The only files you need to keep track of are "configurations.xml", "project.properties", and "project.xml" under the "nbproject" folder and "Makefile" under your "charge_controller.x" folder.  The other files are auto-generated by MPLAB X.
    Jose Diaz
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1672
    Re: Project just shows up as folder, how can I get it back without reloading everything? 2015/07/23 15:44:19 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    As jdegure mentioned, MPLAB X 'sees' a directory as a project directory only if it contains an nbproject folder with the some files (at least configurations.xml and project.xml).
    I have seen once, a case where the file nbproject/project.xml was a 64? byte long file with 0's... and we do not know how this happened. You can open MPLAB X IDE, do an File->Open File and open the nbproject/project.xml file. Make sure it looks good (you can right click on the editor and select validate):
     Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
    If this files is not good you can copy one from another project. Remove the <creation-uuid> element (if present). The IDE will add that element again. Note that the project.xml holds some values. The copy you get from the other project should have similar values.

Let's see if that is your problem (the lack/corruption of project.xml)

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
    PaulMakesThings
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Project just shows up as folder, how can I get it back without reloading everything? 2015/07/28 11:06:20 (permalink)
    Thanks to both of you. That was the problem, somehow the XML file was not valid. I went through the repository and found the most recent one with a valid XML and copied it in and now it works.

Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Trial Version 4.5