Helpful ReplyHot!Suggestions for the next release of MPLAB® Code Configurator

Page: << < ..678910 Showing page 10 of 10
Author
j2423
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 0
Re: Suggestions for the next release of MPLAB® Code Configurator 2018/01/02 11:53:39 (permalink)
Yeah, kind of like it was done to get the boss of someone's back.  ;-)

The launch of a new chip family is the perfect opportunity to promote MCC amongst all users.... In a few years everyone will have figured out their own routines.

p.s. UART1 - FLO bits are off by default in MCC and yet in Pin Manager one is obliged to select a pin for CTS1.
post edited by j2423 - 2018/01/03 02:25:39
ctigs1
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Suggestions for the next release of MPLAB® Code Configurator 2018/01/13 12:24:42 (permalink)
Board support.

Make the ability to configure MCC for boards (like any of the Microchip produced boards), user defined boards, etc. to provide pre-defined labelling and code libraries for on board features like ethernet, LCD, LED's, switches, EEPROMS, RTC's, Temp Sensors, etc. with the option of choosing which ones you are using in your project.

This way the base code can be done for projects using features on a dev. board or demo board can be used without having to manually recode all the board hardware every time you start a project.
ns.mchp
  • Total Posts : 86
Re: Suggestions for the next release of MPLAB® Code Configurator 2018/01/15 11:04:09 (permalink)
5 (3)
Thank you for the feedback, we are actively working on this right now. And we should have a release in a near future. 
rh.owen
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Suggestions for the next release of MPLAB® Code Configurator 2018/01/24 02:08:23 (permalink)
Having finally started using MCC; I always seemed to pick a part that was not supported!!!
I would suggest:
1. Allow MCC to use custom file locations. After all, there is a hard coded location so this should not be too hard. This feature should be fine grained enough to include locations for main.c vs. the mcc headers, vs. that mcc source. By all means fill such a variable with the default locations.
2. The current Generate with merge seems to actually work quite well except that certain lines bounce around depending on some unknown factor that leaves me with annoying differences that I have to check each time. Why not have the code merge find and automatically match lines in each file rather than generating a difference if they have simply moved? I see this mostly in the mcc.h file in the file include list section.
3. Allow custom names for external interrupt pins (and others) and use them correctly. Custom names for other pins seem to work except for the odd situation where the name is not used in some code output.
4. Improve the block comment generator. There is an awful lot of content duplication and redundant or empty data which makes the header files in particular ridiculously large.
5. Allow custom names for modules. SPI1 is not very informative if I am using three SPI modules for different things.
6. Hurry up and add the dsPIC33EPxxxGMxxx series.
7. Please complete the QEI module support!

cobusve
  • Total Posts : 363
Re: Suggestions for the next release of MPLAB® Code Configurator 2018/01/25 17:02:45 (permalink)
@rh.owen thanks these are great suggestions! I am going to start working particularly on these:
1. I like this and start the process to include this. We will make the current structure the default and let you override this with the other MCC global options.
2. If the code does not generate in the same order it could cause subtle bugs, so we will fix the templates to retain the order.
3. We should definitely fix this
4. Yes there is a lot of noise, we are in the process of reducing this. 
5. Custom names, this can definitely be done. We are working on a mechanism which gives you this in practice called aggregators. The plan is that you can access it by using SPI[MYNAME].send(... or similar to that where MYNAME is actually implemented as an enum. We are working on making sure this generates the most efficient code.
6 and 7 I will pass this on to the guys who own that device

leosw
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Suggestions for the next release of MPLAB® Code Configurator 2018/01/26 01:36:29 (permalink)
Hi there,

The CAN support of PIC18F chips can (and have to) be improved:

* Support for RTR flag in receive and transmit frames. It must be an element of uCAN_MSG union.
 * Support of custom Acceptance filters: currently, it is possible to choose either acceptance filter 0 or 1 but this filters cannot be edited using the MCC editor.

Regards,

Léo
Page: << < ..678910 Showing page 10 of 10
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5