Hot!what does File window viewer show in MPLAB X IDE?

Author
p_a_r_d_i_s
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
2013/09/11 09:52:26 (permalink)
5 (1)

what does File window viewer show in MPLAB X IDE?

Hi guys,
I'm using MPLAB X v1.85 but my incomprehension is not related to the specific version of MPLAB IDE.
I looked at netbeans help topics to understand what FILE window viewer of a project shows without any success.
It seems to me that it shows a project source files paths.i use some header files which are located in **system** include path(where my XC16 compiler has been installed) as well as some source files located in my  **project directory**.

I think that's why FILE Window Viewer shows two folders (and the above paths) with the same name as my project. but it also shows another folder with the same name as my project in files viewer(with it's path) which doesn't have anything in common with my project.
any idea? Does my prject use any files of this path? (i don't think so)
does it come from configuration.xml file? 
please take a look at my attached image.I've already read netbeans File viewer help but it doesn't answer my question.

thanks a lot 

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

post edited by p_a_r_d_i_s - 2013/09/11 09:59:01

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

4 Replies Related Threads

Maldus
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: what does File window viewer show in MPLAB X IDE? 2017/10/04 02:23:42 (permalink)
    Having the same question here. Beside my real project directory I can see 3 other folders with the same name: two of them are included in my Project ("source" and "include" dirs, which contain source c files and headers respectively), and the last one is (confusingly) the "nbproject" folder of another, completely unrelated project.

I'm using Mplab X 3.61 and I'd really like to know what all of this means. Yes, I hardly ever use the file window in favor of the Project view. Still, there are a lot of small things like this where the answer seems to be "it's a small error, try not to think about it".

Maldus
    Re: what does File window viewer show in MPLAB X IDE? 2017/10/04 09:22:24 (permalink)
    Ok, found it out after way too much time of looking around in project options.
    Basically the Files window shows the project root directory PLUS every directory included as source folder (Project Properties -> General -> Source Folders). Removing any undesired folder will stop displaying it.

It seems source folders are added every time a "Add existing items from folders" operation is performed. Being so unintuitive and absolutely undocumented I honestly consider it a bug.
    Jim Nickerson
    User 452 _
    • Total Posts : 4208
    Re: what does File window viewer show in MPLAB X IDE? 2017/10/04 09:51:36 (permalink)
    0 (2)
    Maybe it is documented at https://netbeans.org/feat...roject-management.html
    Edit: remove quote
    Maldus
    Re: what does File window viewer show in MPLAB X IDE? 2017/10/05 00:36:44 (permalink)
    Maybe, but I for myself can't find any reference to that. I've been there, since the" Help->Tool Help Contents->MPLAB X IDE Help->Project Files and Folders->Files Window View" section bounces you to NetBeans doc, but what I found is a "single file view" that is apparently absent in MPLAB X. No reference to what it actually is, no details on how it works.
    Also, maybe it's meticolously described somewhere, but I couldn't find it after two hours of browsing; I had to proceed by trial and error. Anything so hard to find might as well not be documented at all.

If I sound a little sour about something so petty it's because it's not the first time I stumble upon poor documentation with Microchip, and it's only by chance that this time it was a meaningless detail.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5