PIC Kit 3 programmer -- "Failed to initialize !!!"

Author
dartme
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
2012/12/28 09:06:50 (permalink)

PIC Kit 3 programmer -- "Failed to initialize !!!"

At home (no internet connection), I am unable to run PK3CMD. I use something like "pk3cmd -C -P18f4550" and the error is "Failed to initialize !!!". The error occurs quickly, and no device is plugged into the PIC Kit.

At work (internet connection present), the same thing happened for a long time, then after a while, pk3cmd said that it was downloading firmware or something like that! After that, the pickit seemed to work. "Great", I say, "The PIC Kit got its firmware from the internet. Sounds a bit tacky, but, it's better than nothing!".  I went home and got the same old error! This tells me that even if the PIC Kit got some information from the internet, the computer obviously got a little magic sauce, too. I came in to work today again and pk3cmd works here. This time, I brought the PIC18F4550 that I was hoping to program and successfully programmed it and saw that it runs the program!

The Question

Before I go home and fail again, I would like to know if PK3CMD requires an internet connection to work, or if it reads from the Registry or what kind of magic sauce I need to make the thing work. It seems very scarcely documented.

Thanks for your time!
post edited by dartme - 2012/12/28 09:12:37

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5