MPFS Generator

Author
sggaunt
  • Total Posts : 196
  • Reward points : 0
2012/06/14 03:05:35 (permalink)

MPFS Generator

Getting my own hardware going with the Stack and got to the point where TCPIP discoverer sees the Controller, so I tried to upload the web page images I have used on  the Explorer16
But MPFS25 reports that it cannot connect to the device.

I tried navigating to the IP Address, and got the 404 page with buttons to select and upload file. I slected the binary that MPFS25 had made and click upload and it says successful, sure enough the web page is visable and contains my working dynamic variables!
But MPFS25 still wont work?  

6 Replies Related Threads

HowardSchlunder
    MCU16 Applications
    • Total Posts : 725
    Re:MPFS Generator 2012/06/14 03:41:43 (permalink)
    The MPFS tool uses the same POST proceedure to upload the binary image as the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mpfsupload page does. Therefore, since it works via the web browser, most likely you either have the address wrong in your MPFS tool, or have 3rd party software running on your PC that is purposely blocking the upload. For example, the default MPFS upload tool path is: http://admin@MCHPBOARD/mpfsupload. This address will only work if your PC has NetBIOS Name Service support turned on in your TCP/IP Settings and are running with the STACK_USE_NBNS option enabled (with MY_DEFAULT_HOST_NAME set to "MCHPBOARD"). Try changing this MPFS tool address to the same used in your web browser (i.e. try the explicit IP address).

If the MPFS tool still can't reach your board, then try disabling Firewalls, Virus Scanners, anti-malware scanners and any other security related programs on your PC which might purposely block outbound HTTP access from applications besides your approved web browser.
    sggaunt
    Re:MPFS Generator 2012/06/14 03:50:57 (permalink)
    Thanks Howard
    I don't think it can be PC related as it works fine with the Explorer 16?, will check the path.

sggaunt
    Re:MPFS Generator 2012/06/14 03:53:07 (permalink)
    Might have STACK_USE_NBNS turn off in this project though
    HowardSchlunder
    MCU16 Applications
    • Total Posts : 725
    Re:MPFS Generator 2012/06/14 04:29:59 (permalink)
    If the MPFS tool works with the Explorer 16 and MCHPBOARD hostname, then be advised that Windows caches hostname resolutions. I believe the cache expires after 10 minutes. In other words, if you try successfully uploading to your Explorer 16 and then in under 10 minutes, try uploading to your custom hardware (also using the MCHPBOARD default hostname), then the PC will automatically attempt to access the old IP address that your Explorer 16 was using, not the new IP address that your custom board is using.

To clear the Windows hostname cache so that you can immediately swap boards without the 10 minute delay, open a console with Administrative privileges and execute the command "nbtstat -R". You also could probably disable the network adapter and then reenable it to clear the cache.

If you changed your hostname to something other than "MCHPBOARD" on your custom board, then that's possibly your problem. You also would need to change the path in the MPFS tool accordingly when swapping boards.
    sggaunt
    Re:MPFS Generator 2012/06/14 04:47:21 (permalink)
    Cheers Howard that did it!!
    Have to say, its not at all clear how important that setting is!
    sggaunt
    Re:MPFS Generator 2012/06/14 04:48:31 (permalink)
    Sorry missed a post NET BIOS was not enabled! 
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5