Dspic 30F2010 based Sinewave Inverter

Author
Serpent
  • Total Posts : 136
  • Reward points : 0
2011/03/17 23:41:14 (permalink)

Dspic 30F2010 based Sinewave Inverter

Hai

May I have  some clarifications regarding PWM in a Sinewave UPS using Motor control PWM in dsPIC.
I have gone through Microchip Off line UPS design but it uses dsPIC33F and another PWM engine.
dsPIC 30F have a different Motor control PWM.

DsPIC 30F2010 has three pwms- My inverter is full bridge so I need to to use 2 PWM modules - 4 pins.

two MOSFET switches the high side and two switches the low side.

So during the first 10ms of the 50hz AC 1 high and 1 low MOSFET is on simultaneously ( in small slices to effect a sine wave in output). On the next 10ms part the other two MOSFETS will be on in the same fashion to create a reverse flow in the Xr coil. (Correct me if my understanding is wrong)

The PWM module in dspic has support for UPS systems- so it should have the configuration to do this.

My confusions:

Each PWM module has two pins each- in this case since two MOSFETS are ON simultaneously we can manage with two pins in total .(Correct?)
If we are using two pins of each module, should we connect one pin to one high side and next pin to one low side?

How do we manage the transition from positive phase to negative phase?

please

Thanks

Roy Thomas
“Give a man a program, frustrate him for a day.
Teach a man to program, frustrate him for a lifetime.”
Muhammad Waseem

1 Reply Related Threads

zubair_shak@yahoo.com
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: Dspic 30F2010 based Sinewave Inverter 2015/04/29 22:51:08 (permalink)
    As far as I know about it, the DSPIC supports space vector modulation. The type of inverter programming we are used to, for that we will have to do our own programming using timers and delays
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5