LockedADC for PIC16F877A

2004/09/04 00:32:59
Hi there, I am new in PIC and assembly language. May somebody provide me a assembly code program to drive the ADC for PIC16877A? Thanks alot!
leojose
RE: ADC for PIC16F877A 2004/09/04 01:59:22

Hi there, I am new in PIC and assembly language. May somebody provide me a assembly code program to drive the ADC for PIC16877A? Thanks alot!

I would rather call you 'lazygrrl'! grin

If you read through the datasheet (the ADC section) you shouldn't face any problems. But before that you must go through the Instruction sets and see how they are used. Unless you make genuine efforts you will not learn anything.

If you don't understand anything...you are most welcome to post your doubt's here.Smile

Here is the link for the pic16f877a datasheet:
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2057&dty=Data+Sheets&ty=§ion=Data+Sheets&ssUserText=pic16f877a&x=12&y=7
leadinglights
RE: ADC for PIC16F877A 2004/09/04 02:55:48
Another source is the tutorials under Technical Documentation. try
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/adc.pdf

Try looking around the microchip site, most anything you want is here.

(Is it true that Grrls just want to have spelling lessons?)
RE: ADC for PIC16F877A 2004/09/05 08:22:40
or just google it
Apology 2004/09/22 13:33:47
I like very much the forum at PIC site, where one can ask questions and, possible, get the right answers. Just reading Q&A's it might clarify some problems, too. A way that I like, when I use a new chip (in PIC cases) or even a new language, is to have example of code with which I understand better the instructions described in the data sheet. Some programs are proprietary, so nobody will expose at demand. For example I needed a MODBUS routine using the 9th bit, and nobody had posted something like that.
This is why I am very disturbed by the answer of leojose to crazygrrl who asked for help with a ADC code example, in the forum section:
-Microcontroller Discussion Group /ADC & Comparators / ADC for PIC16F877A on September 4th, 2004
Not only that he didn't offer any help, but has used a very arrogant and insulting language. Whoever asked for code, to save time as I see, didn't do anything to deserve the insult (lazygrrl given by leojose).
I think that this individual should apologize and to post this apology on the forum.
Thank you,
Indel
leojose
RE: Apology 2004/09/23 05:44:06

I like very much the forum at PIC site, where one can ask questions and, possible, get the right answers. Just reading Q&A's it might clarify some problems, too. A way that I like, when I use a new chip (in PIC cases) or even a new language, is to have example of code with which I understand better the instructions described in the data sheet. Some programs are proprietary, so nobody will expose at demand. For example I needed a MODBUS routine using the 9th bit, and nobody had posted something like that.
This is why I am very disturbed by the answer of leojose to crazygrrl who asked for help with a ADC code example, in the forum section:
-Microcontroller Discussion Group /ADC & Comparators / ADC for PIC16F877A on September 4th, 2004
Not only that he didn't offer any help, but has used a very arrogant and insulting language. Whoever asked for code, to save time as I see, didn't do anything to deserve the insult (lazygrrl given by leojose).
I think that this individual should apologize and to post this apology on the forum.
Thank you,
Indel

does anybody else feel the same??!
< Message edited by leojose -- Sep. 22, 2004 10:45:36 PM >
ric
RE: Apology 2004/09/23 06:12:15
I think indel is being a little precious here.
Sure, leojose was being a bit light hearted with the "lazygrrl" comment, and I suppose it could be taken the wrong way, but people asking question without appearing to have done any research should expect to take a little heat!

Many people put in precious time for free to help others here. It is expected that you will do some of the work yourself. Apart from the frivolous comment at the start, leojose did provide a link to the datasheet, and an offer to help with any queries. I think demanding a public apology is totally uncalled for!
< Message edited by ric -- Sep. 23, 2004 11:15:12 PM >
RE: Apology 2004/09/23 12:19:37
I tip my hat off for people who help people, especially in engineering. Those who spend their time, from pure altruism, deserve esteem and thanks. Now, a volunteer in
"teaching" becomes haughty when he starts to admonish, classify as lazy or precious people he doesn't know and with no good reason.
To end this polemic, what would be, according to your qualified opinion, the limit to which a "good hearted" adviser should stop? A vulgar curse for the one who dares to ask for help and didn't read the data sheet?
leojose made a mistake, insulted a fellow engineer. I believe that he is thinking about this, and that he will take the right action. If not...such is life.
RE: Apology 2004/09/23 17:27:39
I think it is bad for poeple who give help just for answer without trying or know how? If you are totally new in microcontroller, it is ask people point you direction how to start from scratch rather than just give the source code. What I mean is start will something very beginner or simple rather than jump to advance level. It is better list out what problem you facing and what you had try to do rather than just ask for code. What poeple must write code for you for free? I notice quit a lot student try to give help from here but why they not give any help from their teacher or professor? Is it not what their teacher or professor soppose to take care with their student or student affair to ask thei teacher or professor?
leadinglights
RE: Apology 2004/09/24 01:54:53
I don't think that leojose has anything to apologise for. He used a frivolous remark which was not insulting because it was marked by the smiley as being not seriously intended, he then went on to give encoragement
If you don't understand anything...you are most welcome to post your doubt's here.

and to give pointers to a useful document.

I think that leojose's posting was good.

Crazygrrl, if you see this, what do you think?
drh
Arrrr
RE: Apology 2004/09/24 07:50:30
I thought this forum was for hardware and software engineering type problem solving. When did it change to social engineering?
By the way, most of the problems encountered by the people requesting help on this forum can be solved by reading and understanding the data sheets. The reading part should be done first. The hobbists and experts who try to answer the questions can then help with understanding what is in the data sheets.
Gee, this soap box is higher than I thought. Can someone help me down?
RE: ADC for PIC16F877A 2005/10/28 12:23:06
Strangely enough, I seem to have missed this thread completely.
Since the soapbox is free, lets step on it.

Generally speaking, members of this forum are very willing to help pretty much anyone that seems to deserve it. Elaborating on this, people that put at least some effort on their side of the problem. Historically, requests like the OP's are sure to get some heat, like ric noted. Much worse are dry requests for urgent code to do some task, and the description is very clearly a verbatim reproduction of his/her class assignment. Those requests get flamed instantly.

If you browse around, you will see that many of the flamers are actually the people that help most, with precise and clear (and correct) advice for most likely any problem, no matter how simple (or how complex).

Due to language barriers, it is not unusual that some of these OMs are actually cramped by a meager vocabulary. But as soon as the OP replies with a change in attitude, or a little more explanation, people jump in to discuss and help.

Except for personal blunt attacks or gross netiquette issues, I think these forums are excellent, regarding content and member activity.

/EDITED: I restored the original thread name, that was changed by indel. To change a thread's name like this is akin to hijack the thread, which was exactly what indel did.
< Message edited by j_doin -- Oct. 28, 2005 5:40:53 PM >