Hot!Bluetooth Forum posts only approved today

Author
katela
  • Total Posts : 847
  • Reward points : 0
2018/06/29 14:45:31 (permalink)
4 (1)

Bluetooth Forum posts only approved today

Seems like a lot of post for new users in the Bluetooth forum has only been approved now since April!
I wonder if these posts are still relevant to people who posted them!
post edited by katela - 2018/06/29 14:55:38

Free online Microcontroller Tutorials and Projects for Hobbyists and students. From beginners to advanced. Website: www.studentcompanion.co.za
YouTube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/StudentCompanionSA

6 Replies Related Threads

Pedro123
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Bluetooth Forum posts only approved today 2018/07/03 00:39:07 (permalink)
    4 (2)
    I tried to post and since the post didn't went forward i tried to repost, when i started to work with the RN4870 and now those posts are indeed irrelevant.
    WM
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Bluetooth Forum posts only approved today 2018/07/03 01:51:17 (permalink)
    4.5 (2)
    IMHO this forum is so broken it is unusable, you are right OP, I have been trying for ages to post, but unable to due to forum server errors, or when I can, my posts have been held in limbo a totally unacceptable time before being approved by moderators.  I have all but given up on using the RN4678, it has incompatability issues with Garmin GLO GPS device, it is missing functionality, the documentation is poor to useless, Microchip support don't, and this forum makes matter worse not better ...
    DarioG
    Allmächtig.
    • Total Posts : 54076
    Re: Bluetooth Forum posts only approved today 2018/07/03 01:55:11 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    In any case, be sure to be using "https" version: then some (not all) of the bugs go away

Yosemite burning :D :D !
    katela
    • Total Posts : 847
    Re: Bluetooth Forum posts only approved today 2018/07/03 07:45:53 (permalink)
    5 (3)
    Hope someone form Microchip is reading these frustrations, I know it's not the first time but hopefully they will do the right thing and improve their services.

Free online Microcontroller Tutorials and Projects for Hobbyists and students. From beginners to advanced. Website: www.studentcompanion.co.za
    YouTube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/StudentCompanionSA
    PStechPaul
    • Total Posts : 1949
    Re: Bluetooth Forum posts only approved today 2018/07/03 14:38:26 (permalink)
    5 (5)
    These issues have been ongoing for at least three years, now, and the forum admins apparently do not read responses or posts related to the problems, or think the problems are "fake". Occasionally they will pompously announce "Forum posting issues have been resolved", or other such nonsense, and then never respond to forum members who have posted with notice of continued (or new) problems. You would think a multi-billion dollar company would spend a few thousand dollars to hire an experienced and savvy web designer or IT professional to oversee the forum, but I think they assume that all critical support will be supplied by their "ticket" process. However, my experience has been that it takes many days for a response to a ticket, and then it usually indicates that they do not understand the problem, and you must add more information or make a phone call. This forum, broken as it is, usually provides an answer to my problems within a few hours, and I try to give back to the community by offering solutions where I can.

WM
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Bluetooth Forum posts only approved today 2018/07/04 00:22:19 (permalink)
    5 (3)
    PStechPaul
    However, my experience has been that it takes many days for a response to a ticket, and then it usually indicates that they do not understand the problem, and you must add more information or make a phone call.

You are spot on, worse, if you are not a tier 1 customer, support are not interested in helping.  I am weeks in to a ticket, I have had a series of poor responses, they have struggled to answer any of my questions, and I am left with the conclusion I should go look for a working product elsewhere.  IMHO not only is this forum broken, Microchip's support of products they inherited from buy outs is broken, offical support for the Bluetooth modules ran to: if you are having problems, even though our documentation is so poor as to make the product unusable, and you have having genuine issues with connecting to a Garmin GLO, it is clearly your problem and Garmin's.  Pathetic.

btw: They have never tested the product with a Garmin GLO, suggested I got a Bluetooth sniffer out and debugged the issue for them ... if I supported my customers by asserting something I could never know and suggested they debug it for me ... well we would be out of business in no time ...
    post edited by WM - 2018/07/04 02:34:39
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5