Hot!PIC32 TCP / IP Programming Connect To Web Page

Author
tcplearning
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2018/03/05 18:22:37 (permalink)

PIC32 TCP / IP Programming Connect To Web Page

Hi! I am new to the microchip tcp programming. I current have a PIC32MX360F512L board and have done some labs on it such as writing code for having the LEDs light up in order when counting from bit 0 to bit 7 and a couple others to familiarize with the PIC32 board. It is the dm320001 starter kit.

My question, however is how to connect to a web page using socket programming (TCP).

I would be using this board. I have MPLABX IDE, Compiler 32, and  also using an ethernet cable. I read that the ethernet starter kit has a demo for this but I have a macbook pro and I read that the ethernet starter kits run on windows OS.

I have my PIC32 dm320001 board and the expansion board and one other board to put on my PIC32 and the ethernet cable. I have read a lot about how TCP IP programming works / socket programming. I understand HOW it works but do not see many code examples or a demo that I am able to use on my board to connect to a web page. Right now I just want to hook up the board and connect to a web page to just display the word "hello!" I just want to to be able to do something simple like this and bring up the web page and display a greeting.

Is there anyone that can help me understand how to do this? I have been having a lot of trouble finding a demo code and I can even open once downloaded and a lot of the other codes Im reading about seem to have way more complex actions going on whereas what I am doing is a relatively simple task it seems.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!
Also please let me know if I need to provide any other information that I may have missed. I tried to cover everything.
I also have harmony downloaded bc it has all the tcp libraries and files that I suppose I need, compared to the MPLABX IDE and PIC32 that I previously had alone before adding harmony.

Thank you!!
TedT
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: PIC32 TCP / IP Programming Connect To Web Page 2018/03/22 13:20:56 (permalink)
You should be able to run one of the Harmony example applications to get going.
For instance:  .../microchip/harmony/v2_05_01/apps/tcpip/web_net_server_nvm_mpfs.

You will want to use the Harmony Configurator plugin to get all the settings right.
Harmony Configurator will plug into the MPLABX IDE.

MPLAB® Harmony Configurator Tutorial - Creating a TCP/IP Project from ScratchAlso watch the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyclfQkgLnM

It is a little dated, but has a lot of what you need.
purna k
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: PIC32 TCP / IP Programming Connect To Web Page 2018/04/16 21:18:35 (permalink)
Hi.. can any one attach the tcp ip demo code for pic32 ethernet start kit2.

Thank you
TedT
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: PIC32 TCP / IP Programming Connect To Web Page 2018/07/02 12:06:34 (permalink)
Hello Purna K,

Do you have Harmony installed?
If not then install Harmony latest version.

Then you can find all the needed examples :

For instance:  .../microchip/harmony/v2_05_01/apps/tcpip/web_net_server_nvm_mpfs

Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5