Hot!fileio_config.H,fileio_media.h

Author
dnd
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
2017/11/25 00:19:00 (permalink)

fileio_config.H,fileio_media.h

hi, all,

I am trying to incorporate usb composit usb host+hid on pic PIC24FJ256GB206, mplab X V 3.15, XC16 V1.25,and microchip mla\v2017_03_06\framework\usb.
After inclusion of all c and header file following error generates
../USB_HID_MSD_H/fileio.h:29:27: fatal error: fileio_config.h: No such file or directory
../USB_HID_MSD_H/fileio.h:29:27: fatal error: fileio_media.h: No such file or directory
i was trying to locate those headers in mla space but not successful.
can anybody help me to locate those?

dnd

1 Reply Related Threads

davekw7x
    Entropy++
    • Total Posts : 1259
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: fileio_config.H,fileio_media.h 2017/11/25 09:46:24 (permalink)
    dnd

After inclusion of all c and header file following error generates
    ../USB_HID_MSD_H/fileio.h:29:27: fatal error: fileio_config.h: No such file or directory
    ../USB_HID_MSD_H/fileio.h:29:27: fatal error: fileio_media.h: No such file or directory

So...
    I'm assuming you started with with an mla project for a device in the same family, namely exp16_pic24fj256gb210_pim.x, right?

And...
    Then you compiled it (with no changes) to confirm that it would build withot errors, right?

Then...
    You copied the files to your own directory or directories and added them into a project that you created for your device, right?

Well, here's the thing...
    Just putting the files into your MPLABX project is not enough to tell XC16 where to find everything.  Really.  The IDE is separate from the compiler.

The IDE invokes the compiler for your project's source files, wherever they are, so that's OK, but the IDE does not automatically tell the compiler where to find header files that are included in the source files.

If a particular header file for your project is in the same physical directory as a C file that includes it, that's OK.  Otherwise, you have to tell the compiler where to look.

So...
    Right click on the project icon in the "Projects" window and go to the xc16-gcc->Preprocessing and messages box.

Click on the little "..." box at the end of the  C include directories line.  Remove old items that show relative paths (that were valid for the original project but not for your new project) and use "Browse" to find the directories in paths relative to your current project's directory and add them.

Regards,

Dave

post edited by davekw7x - 2017/11/25 09:49:04

Sometimes I just can't help myself...
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5