Hot!Changes to Harmony Configurator (V 2.04) trashes the project?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
TimH
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 70
  • Reward points : 0
Re: Changes to Harmony Configurator (V 2.04) trashes the project? 2017/09/14 13:10:30 (permalink)
MikeinAZ
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.  I would like to try to assist you at least getting the PIC32MZ DA working as you might expect with the apps in MPLAB Harmony.

Thanks Mike - happy to work with you as there is so much good with Harmony and the 32MZ DA that I have almost certainly decided to go with it for my new design...but would certainly be really good if I could explore more functionality through the demos :)

MikeinAZ
There are some specific setup challenges you might have, but I can state very clearly that everything should build and run as expected, with or without reconfiguration. 

I want to get your feedback on which apps you are trying to use, and when you say "not working" what your specific experiences are.  

OK - I will provide feedback on issues I find: no problem :)
MikeinAZ

Right off the bat I want to share with you a couple of known customer issues you may face:

In aria_coffee_maker v2.04 we released the app using optimization -O3.  This was unintentional, and could lead some users with the free version of the compiler not to compile correctly.  We have corrected this for the next release, and any users of v2.04 that need to should revert to the -O1 optimization level.

I found this myself, but at least the compiler errors were obvious. I activated the 60 day trial of the "pro" compiler to work around this.
MikeinAZ 
In all apps we have settings for the MEB2 jumpers (J9) that may not be fully understandable in documentation.  Failure to set the jumper (which is under the start kit) will result in no display which would appear white due to the backlight enable.

Yes, found this - Google sorted it for me.
MikeinAZ 
We have versions that support the 169 pin "internal DDR" and the 288 pin "external DDR" for PIC32MZ DA.  However we have not been entirely consistent, and some apps only offer one version or the other.  Some customers that do not know the difference will target an 169 pin device app at a 288 pin board (or vice versa).  This will likely build and load (if tool warning is ignored) but it would not run.  

Not had this - if it compiles, it runs. I have both boards (DM320008 and DM320010) and quickly learned how to change processors and BSPs.

MikeinAZ
Please let us know more about your system and experience, and we will try to help you out.

Eval system is DM320008 and DM320010, plus MEB2 with Newhaven 4.3".

This project is to replace an existing product using an AT91SAM9261 with 320x240 TFT, using own-design drivers/software/graphics design tools/etc.

New design will have:
- 800x480 TFT with resistive touchscreen. 
- SQI flash for graphics storage and, maybe, program if it exceeds the on-chip flash size
- SD card, accessible to a PC, for data captured by the product
- Wi-Fi
- probably USB device interface for PC program and firmware updates, although if this can be done by Wi-Fi or bluietooth so much the better.
- probably Bluetooth (as RS232 replacement)
-2x CANbus

MikeinAZ
It is not yet useful to talk about adding in additional elements (like SQI) until we have a fundamental agreement on functionality and some way to move forward.

Let me know if you need more info.

MikeinAZ
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 263
Re: Changes to Harmony Configurator (V 2.04) trashes the project? 2017/09/14 13:14:35 (permalink)
Hi,

Thank you for the detail.  I am bit confused, but maybe that is because you have made progress over time.  At one point you were commenting that "no applications work".  Can you explain this some more?  Are they not running?  Do they not perform as you might expect per the documentation?
TimH
Starting Member
Re: Changes to Harmony Configurator (V 2.04) trashes the project? 2017/09/14 13:21:25 (permalink)
The only demo I have succeeded in running is coffee maker. All the others fail to compile.

I have created my own project and that runs, but I ran into problems adding SQI - as reported earlier -  I found that there was a left over part-declaration of SQI memory in the Composer (I was seeing if I could work out how to store graphics in SQI, since the demo for this didn't work!).

I have been asked to detail the errors with the image stretch demo in another thread so hopefully that will shed some light on what problems I see.
NKurzman
A Guy on the Net
  • Total Posts : 14844
Re: Changes to Harmony Configurator (V 2.04) trashes the project? 2017/09/14 13:30:41 (permalink)
3 (1)
Gloves, The Kryptonite of capacitive screens.

If you are thinking of a USB Memory Stick, that works well.
TimH
Starting Member
Re: Changes to Harmony Configurator (V 2.04) trashes the project? 2017/09/14 13:33:38 (permalink)
NKurzman
Gloves, The Kryptonite of capacitive screens.

LMAO!

NKurzman
If you are thinking of a USB Memory Stick, that works well.

Yes - if the SD card (and maybe SQI) in my product can behave like a memory stick I will be very happy :)

MikeinAZ
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 263
Re: Changes to Harmony Configurator (V 2.04) trashes the project? 2017/09/14 13:41:53 (permalink)
Hello,

OK, we are addressing the functionality aspects in the other thread now.  So I will close that part of the subject.

From an SQI perspective, you should be aware that we do not have an app using the SQI at this point.  We do have an example that does NOT use the SQI driver, but that is for PIC32MZ EF.  Rujuta gave you some information on this.  We intend to extend the external_resources demo to use the PIC32MZ DA, but that would be your effort if you need it immediately.

Please comment if you need more insight into this.  Note we do not use the MHC configuration that would load the SQI driver in that case.
mrpackethead
  • Total Posts : 678
Re: Changes to Harmony Configurator (V 2.04) trashes the project? 2017/09/14 14:05:12 (permalink)
3 (1)
I wished that Harmony could be used without MHC.   If we had documetnation that told us which bits of code needed to be included,   and what needed to be configured, we could do it by hand.  It would be so much easier than using MHC, which in its bid for making it easier, just makes it harder.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5