Sgx
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
2017/08/12 13:26:54 (permalink)
5 (1)

Harmony first steps - doesn't configure

Hello,

It is the first time I use harmony.

When I create a new project, use all defaults, and click "Generate Code", Harmony fails miserably to configure with error message:

CONFIG_USE_DRV_SDHC missing

How can I solve this error ?

Thank you

This is the output log:

<Generate>[Info] Processing template: system_definitions.h.ftl
<FreeMarker>[Error] freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: The following has evaluated to null or missing:
==> CONFIG_USE_DRV_SDHC [in template "utilities/mhc/templates/app/system_config/system_definitions.h.ftl" at line 229, column 6]

----
Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing</#if>. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)??
----

----
FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related):
 - Failed at: #if CONFIG_USE_DRV_SDHC == true [in template "utilities/mhc/templates/app/system_config/system_definitions.h.ftl" at line 229, column 1]
----
<FreeMarker>[Error] - Failed at: #if CONFIG_USE_DRV_SDHC == true [in template "utilities/mhc/templates/app/system_config/system_definitions.h.ftl" at line 229, column 1]
<Generate>[Error] Failed to process template: /Users/labelec/microchip/harmony/v2_03b/utilities/mhc/templates/app/system_config/system_definitions.h.ftl
<Generate>[Error] Aborting project generation. Your project has not been modified.

Michael.W.Mann
  • Total Posts : 235
Re: Harmony first steps - doesn't configure 2017/08/12 18:36:15 (permalink)
3 (1)
This tutorial no longer works.  We will be replacing it with "Creating Your First Project" in Harmony 2.04.

Michael W. Mann
Principal Applications Engineer
MCU32 Applications, Microchip
Sgx
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Harmony first steps - doesn't configure 2017/08/13 03:45:21 (permalink)
3 (1)
What tutorial are you talking about ?

So what do I do now ? Go on holiday ? PLIB got wiped out, the legacy plib installer segfaults, and Harmony does not configure.

Could you please help me to make Harmony work ?

Thank you
Michael.W.Mann
  • Total Posts : 235
Re: Harmony first steps - doesn't configure 2017/08/13 08:30:00 (permalink)
FYI:  To truly drill down into your problem, I need more information on what you are doing:
MPLAB IDE Version: (3.65 ??)
XC32 Version: (1.43 or 1.44 ??)
Operating System (Windows ?, MacOS, Linux??)
Development Board: PIC32MX USB Starter Kit III, Explorer 16 Development board with a PIM, ... ??
Board Support Package (BSP) that you are using?

To verify that you've installed everything correctly, find and successfully run an existing demonstration project that is close to what you are attempting.  Once you know that something works, we can focus on what is going wrong specifically with your project.

(Baby steps, baby steps, ...)

Michael W. Mann
Principal Applications Engineer
MCU32 Applications, Microchip
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5