Embed LProg Programmer for PIC MCUs
The LProg Programmer by Embed is a low-cost, lightweight programmer for 3.3V PIC MCUs only. These include the dsPIC33F DSC, PIC24H, PIC24F, and PIC18FJ MCU families. The LProg is USB powered and provides up to 100mA Vdd current to the target.
All signals are limited to 3.3V. The LProg cannot apply higher voltages that are required for other PIC MCUs, as those voltages damage 3.3V devices. The programming lines are available via labeled pads. An extra ground pad is provided for ease of making cables that prevent crosstalk and allow for long (several meters) programming cables.
Embed is a trusted third-party tool provider
- Small size (2.3 x 1 x 0.6 inches)
- Scriptable run-time software available
- Host library available; create applications to read/write/verify device memory using the supplied API
- Documentation and free software available from the vendor
- Not currently supported in MPLAB X IDE
- USB and programming cables NOT included