The MPLAB® XC8 C Compiler is a full-featured, highly-optimized ANSI C compiler for all 8-bit PIC Microcontroller families. This compiler integrates into Microchip’s MPLAB X IDE, is compatible with all Microchip debuggers and emulators, and runs on Windows®, Linux® and macOS®.
The MPLAB XC8 PRO Compiler Dongle License unlocks the full potential and performance of all possible optimizations with the advantage of being interchangeable among workstations and highly portable – not tied to a PC or workstation. Some of its features include:
- License file is installed on a USB device
- Intended for multiple users and mobile use – plug into the workstation’s USB and go
- Includes unlimited updates to new compiler versions without the need for HPA (perpetual license)
- One dongle license is needed for each compiler type – MPLAB XC8, MPLAB XC16 and MPLAB XC32/XC32++
- Replaceable for a fee – only dongle licenses that have been registered in a mySoftware account are eligible
For more information and documentation, go to: http://www.microchip.com/mplabxc
Note: This compiler license can only be used with the following versions of MPLAB X IDE and MPLAB XC C Compilers:
- MPLAB X IDE version 3.55 or later
- MPLAB XC8 C Compiler version 1.41 or later
- MPLAB XC16 version 1.31 or later
- MPLAB XC32 version 1.43 or later
If there is a compiler license file previously installed on your workstation, remove it before using a dongle license.