- Design Partners
Patient monitors measure, record, distribute and display combinations of biometric values such as heart rate, SPO2, blood pressure, temperature and more. High-capability, multi-function monitors are typically used in hospitals and clinics to ensure a high-level of quality patient care. Portable patient monitors are designed to be compact and power-efficient. This allows them to be used in remote areas or by paramedics to aid diagnosis in the field, enable monitoring and transmitting data to health care providers in other locations.
To meet the demands faced by designers of patient monitors, Microchip offers a broad portfolio of highly integrated Microcontrollers (MCUs), graphics technology, software libraries and connectivity solutions. This broad offering also enables innovation in the design of stand-alone biometric devices such as blood pressure monitors, pulse oximeters, ECG/EKG, etc. Microchip delivers solutions that support patient monitoring functions like low-noise analog signal conditioning, touch-sensing technology, LCD control, wired and wireless connectivity, motor control and high-speed memory.
Microchip's offer for components in patient monitors include:
- Powerful 32-bit PIC® MCUs with flexible integrated graphics, USB and 10/100 Ethernet
- USB to HDMI/DVI/VGA controllers
- A broad range of PIC MCUs and parts to enable design of blood pressure monitors, pulse oximeters, ECG and other sub sections of a patient monitor design
- Agency-certified Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® and ZigBee® modules
Microchip has what patient monitor designers need
- Microchip’s full range of highly integrated PIC MCUs and parts enable design of every kind of patient monitor for use in hospitals, doctor’s offices, or in the field
- Signal conditioning and power management components for use in all sub-sections of patient monitors
- Wired and wireless networking solutions for fast integration with existing networks