- SAM 32-bit MCUs
- PIC 32-bit MCUs
- Legacy Products
- Development Boards
- Software Tools for PIC MCUs
- Software Tools for AVR and SAM MCUs
- Other Tools and Resources
- Third Party Partners
- Harmony Install
SAM 4N MCUs
Converging Performance and Simplicity based on ARM® Cortex® M4 MCUs
SAM4N series comprises the entry point into our portfolio of Flash microcontrollers based on the ARM® Cortex®-M4 core. These microcontrollers feature a 100MHz operating frequency and offer up to 1MB of Flash, multiple serial communication peripherals and analog capability. This combination of features—plus low power consumption—makes the Microchip SAM4N series ideal for a wide range of applications in industrial automation, consumer and appliance, and energy metering markets.
The Microchip SAM4N series offers pin-to-pin compatibility with Microchip SAM4S, SAM3S, SAM3N and SAM7S devices, facilitating easy migration within the portfolio.
- High level of integration — Microchip SAM4N microcontrollers offer fast serial communication with seven UARTs, four SPIs and three I2Cs™. Additional features include 12-bit ADC, 10-bit DAC, integrated voltage reference, multiple timers, PWM and more.
- Low power consumption — With its low-power architecture, the Microchip SAM4N achieves power consumption levels down to 170µA/MHz in active mode; down to 20µA in sleep mode with full RAM retention and wake-up time down to 10µs; down to 1µA in backup mode with the RTC running.
- Ease of use — The ecosystem of software tools and support for Microchip Studio 6 integrated development platform enables an efficient design process and reduces time to market.