- Company Information
- Conflict Minerals
- Corporate Responsibility
- Contact Us
- MicroSolutions Digital Magazine
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Investor Relations
- General Product Legal Information
- Microchip Patents
- Website Usage and Limitation of Liability
- Microchip Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Copyright Usage Guidelines
- Procedure for Making a Claim of Copyright Infringement
- Development Tools Warranty Card
- Media Center
- New to Microchip?
- microchipDIRECT Software Provider Agreement
The Hiring Process and Best Practices at Microchip Technology Inc. are simple. Are you looking for a position in a company that values your unique skills and point of view? We can place you on that career path with five easy steps.
Search open positions
Complete a job search to find positions that match your interests and experience.
- Once you find a job (s) that is a good match for you click the “APPLY” button.
- You will be prompted to create a candidate profile if this is your first time applying
toa job at Microchip.
- No job matches at this time?
- You should still create a candidate profile and upload your resume. This will save you time in the future when the perfect job comes along.
- Your candidate profile will also be added to our candidate database, which is the first place we look when new jobs open.
- You can also set the system to contact you via email when a new job opens that matches your search criteria.
Candidate profile and resume review
- First off, we would like to eliminate the fear that when you “apply online” your resume ends up in a black hole, never to be seen again.
- Here at Microchip, Hiring managers
reviewall resumes submitted to their specific open positions. Once you have applied toa position, your resume is sent directly to the hiring managers via email.
- Managers will review all resumes, generally within 48 hours of receiving them.
- Due to the high number of applicants for our positions, managers will only contact and phone screen candidates who are a clear match for the job that is posted.
- Make sure your resume reflects the skills, education, and years of experience that are required in the posted job description. This may mean you will need to edit your resume for different positions.
- Candidates are generally screened via telephone, by either Human Resources or the Hiring Manager
- Candidates who pass the initial phone screen are invited for a face-to-face interview, either on campus (where the job is located) or via Skype (video conference).
- Microchip will make all of the arrangements and travel accommodations (if applicable) for your interview. You will be sent the details via email.
- Interviews can take an entire day.
- Every offer at Microchip is unique so this process can be very different depending on the position you are being offered and what part of the world you are located in.
- We offer competitive salaries and exciting bonus structures to all of our employees; your offer will contain all of these details.
- Once we receive your signed offer back, an HR representative will start preparing for your first day at Microchip.
Your first day at Microchip
- Most locations will provide you with a New Hire Orientation on your first day. Topics you will cover may include:
- Policies and Procedures
- Microchip Learning Center
- Company Culture
- You will have your employee badge issued to you as well.